Hacking DSinei Update for DSi 1.4 infomation

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
warlock_ba said:
Firmware update has been released - head over to the supercard forum, you can find it there in a thread.
It imitates a game icon / name aswell ... WHY had it to be star wars :/

PS: Give configurable updates where you can choose the game it imitates!

cheers,
meh

the force isn't strong with this one...

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Just finished recording a video demonstrating the update process and showing that it doesn't brick the supercard. I will be posting it on YouTube as soon as possible!

Though you couldn't brick it even if you tried since the USB flasher doesn't care if the Supercard is bootable or not....The one benefit of owning a SuperCard instead of a AceKard! Only the M3i has a USB flasher as well....All others risk being bricked if the process is interrupted!

Just be happy it didn't end up using a Spongebob Squarepants name/icon.

Also...for me it took 4 or more minutes and not one minute as one person reported. I'm guessing the update time will depend on your MicroSD card's read speeds. The re-write speed of the cart's internal flash chips is pretty much the same for everyone. But the SD card is the one part that will be varied among customers. So 8 minutes is just a rough estimate from the official site.

JSHidaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apache Thunder said:
So 8 minutes is just a rough estimate from the official site.

Forum.. not site... Until the update is not in the "main page" is not an "official" release..

but well everything working great, was just waiting for it to update to 1.4

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JSHidaka said:
Apache Thunder said:
So 8 minutes is just a rough estimate from the official site.

Forum.. not site... Until the update is not in the "main page" is not an "official" release..

but well everything working great, was just waiting for it to update to 1.4

It's unlikely that it will be posted on the main page due to legal reasons*, and therefore cannot be uploaded to the actual site (that's why it was posted as an attachment on the chinese forum, much like all other updates from other teams).

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Apache Thunder said:
Also...for me it took 4 or more minutes and not one minute as one person reported. I'm guessing the update time will depend on your MicroSD card's read speeds. The re-write speed of the cart's internal flash chips is pretty much the same for everyone. But the SD card is the one part that will be varied among customers. So 8 minutes is just a rough estimate from the official site.

I hope you do realize that the update file is about 4MB, which - if your theory applied - would mean a readspeed from about 1MB a MINUTE!
smileipb2.png

Just kidding, I doubt it's the microSD card
wink.gif

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ilovengage said:
Apache Thunder said:

I hope you do realize that the update file is about 4MB, which - if your theory applied - would mean a readspeed from about 1MB a MINUTE!
smileipb2.png

wink.gif

The slow speeds are probably because the flasher has to decompress the update file first (which is kind of an odd build choice...).
Anyways, mine completed in around 4 mins aswell, so it is probably due to the read speed.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Matt140 said:
ilovengage said:
Apache Thunder said:

smileipb2.png

wink.gif

The slow speeds are probably because the flasher has to decompress the update file first (which is kind of an odd build choice...).
Anyways, mine completed in around 4 mins aswell, so it is probably due to the read speed.

djoen told me his update completed around 4 mins
smile.gif

mine completed around 6-7 mins

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
adrian2040 said:
Could someone please tell me where to put the update file so the flasher will recognize it? Please?

QUOTECopy downloaded firmware to microSD
put it into the root of your microSD card
smile.gif

Q: What's the function of the Firmware writer?
A: Only use in this situation: If the software of console upgraded and do not recognize DSONEi. Firmware writer can renew the firmware of DSONEi. And DSONEi can work again.

Q: How to use Firmware writer?
A: Please download Newest Firmware from http://eng.supercard.sc. Copy downloaded firmware to microSD insert into DSONEi then insert into Firmware writer then into USB port for power supply and operation. No extra software need, the Firmware writer will renew the firmware of DSONEi automatic. 8 Mins. needed. Flashing light mean renew in progress. Green light mean renew finished. Red light mean renew failed. If failed, please repeat the progress.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well here's my video that I recorded on the update of the DSOne-I. Would have had this up mid afternoon, but the whole dam site went down. (at least for me it did....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cELtyqO3Cxk

(trying to use youtube tags resulted in nothing showing up....)

I don't own a DSi, but it should show ya'll that it doesn't brick it or anything and still works afterwords....
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Site loads up fine in IE8, but stuck at "Looking up: gbatmw.net" in the status bar when using FireFox.....Something wrong with the site and is causing issues with Firefox users. It's the ONLY site that is doing this so it can't be anything on my end!

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice if we knew what the compression format was for this update file. We could have just changed the name and icon ourselves...
biggrin.gif

Plus it would be nice to choose what game this cart would masquerade as...

EDIT: Sigh...Site isn't loading in Firefox anymore.....

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well no... I think it has to be a game they're able to exploit.

Like, instead of just checking the header file of the game, they look at a bunch of data at the beginning. You couldn't necessarily just pick the game with the coolest icon, because there's probably no way to exploit it to load the MicroSD reader instead of that game.

Make sense?

Because otherwise they should just use some Japanese game so the title isn't painstakingly "wrong"... maybe even like that one legal Japanese A/V flash cart...

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
drfsupercenter said:
Well no... I think it has to be a game they're able to exploit.

Like, instead of just checking the header file of the game, they look at a bunch of data at the beginning. You couldn't necessarily just pick the game with the coolest icon, because there's probably no way to exploit it to load the MicroSD reader instead of that game.

Make sense?

Because otherwise they should just use some Japanese game so the title isn't painstakingly "wrong"... maybe even like that one legal Japanese A/V flash cart...

Ahh I assumed that the header basically just said "This game's name is "Danny Phantom" and this is the patch to the icon" so I thought you could just replace that with the flashcart header and badaboom, didn't realize it was an actually exploit.

GizmoDVD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I download the DSi's latest firmware update from the Wii Shop (it requires me to before I browse) and update the firmware of my DS One I using:
SuperCard DSONEi(SDHC) Fireware ver1.1(2009.08.22)

I should be fine, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1