Dsi XL top screen not right

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Rise, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Rise
    OP

Rise Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Hello

I picked up a brand new XL today, its been in the charger until now when i first powered it on.

I now notice that the top screen is flopping back and forth, even when its "clicked" into place. When playing the system i can feel the weight of the screen bouncing back and forth between the two " stoppers".
    I should return the system right ?
    Didn`t have this problem on my dslite.

2. Hazard7

Hazard7 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    My DSi XL does that once I bought it after when it was launched so I'm sure it's fine like all other DSi XL's.

3. AlanJohn

AlanJohn くたばれ

Jan 6, 2011
    Canada,New Jersey
    That should not happen.
    Return your DS to the store.

4. Ventrix

Ventrix GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2008
    United States
    My DSI XL does that as well . It's normal as long as it's not extremly flopping around. I E = closes by flopping.

5. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    I bought my DSi XL on launch, and it's been through quite a lot of abuse. The top half flops just like yours, but it doesn't close or anything like that unless I really shake it hard.

6. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    Same thing here since the first day I bought it. It looks like all dsi xl are like that. I don't feel it moving when playing but if I stand up etc it moves and you can feel it.

7. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    I feel as if it wobbles due to the added weight (and the small hinge. It's the same size as the regular DSi's hinge, although it's probably not as weak as the DS lite considering that they improved it a lot when the DSi came out).

8. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    XL's do that dude. It's normal.

9. aiRWaLKRe

aiRWaLKRe GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Orlando
    Everywhere I look its wobble wobble [​IMG]

10. Rise
    OP

Rise Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    hmm, guess its supposed to be that way, just feels a bit strange compared to my old lite.

Thanks all