DSi XL System Update

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by geonjay, Aug 9, 2010.

Aug 9, 2010

DSi XL System Update by geonjay at 5:45 PM (1,955 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. geonjay
    OP

Newcomer geonjay Member

United States
    I just picked up a DSi XL for my lil girls bday. It's running 1.4U. I have an ACEKard with 1.7.1 - everything is great.

I setup the DS's WiFi (I'm not talking about the AK's Wifi plugin) and, just for fun, told it to check for system updates - it said that there was one!! I immediately canceled because I don't want to screw anything up. Are there updates that download OTHER than system updates? (games updates, applications updates, etc). When it told me there was an update available it gave me the option to click Next - will that automatically start loading or will it give me more info? I REALLY don't want to screw this up. Thanks

2. tijntje_7

Member tijntje_7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Mwehh...
    Afaik, there is no update.
    I did that with my DSi more than once, and it said there was an update.
    So I updated (didn't have my ak2i back then [​IMG])
    Still 1.4 firmware -.-
    Nothing changed, improved or whatever...
    I even vaguely recall that it said that there was nothing new o.o
    What's the point in updating to the same firmware xD

3. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    DSi ALWAYS say there is a new update, even if there isn't.

4. geonjay
    OP

Newcomer geonjay Member

United States
    Ok...I ran it. It downloaded about 800KB of data (according to dd-wrt's monitor) then rebooted. It still says 1.4U. I ran system update again - and it said that there was an update available. Clicked next. It connected and checked but this time I got "This version of the system software is up-to-date". So SOMETHING updated...just not sure what exactly. I should have captured it and made it available to the group...but alas I'm a lazy SOB.

Thanks, as always

5. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    There's a semi update that barely does anything and doesn't change the version number. It doesn't affect flashcarts, so you can update if you want.

And boudincaca is right, the update menu will always say "There is an update available" no matter what. So it'll only tell you if there's no update only when you agree to update.

6. skystealer

Member skystealer Muah~

United States
    Although, the DSi always says theres an update when their really isn't, there once was an update released on Feb 2010, but it was a rather small update, and finished in about 4 seconds, the DSi still read 1.4 but I noticed no changes. It does not affect flashcarts in any way though.