Hacking Dsi xl size question???

tatripp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read on the official nintendo website and many other less reliable websites that the screens of the dsi xl are "93 % larger than the ds lite." I see the pictures but they don't look that much bigger. if something is 93% larger than 3 inches (the size of the ds lite screens), it should be closer to 6 inches than 4.2 (the size of the dsi xl screens). what the crap? are they including thickness of the screens too or something ridiculous like that? i must know.

Check out this link on nintendo's official site http://www.nintendo.com/ds
just go to the link and click the nintendo dsi tab then it should pop up.

Edit: now i think i will have to buy it

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wacko.gif

that would be why I was veggie maths...

without all those confusing numbers... I would say it is somewhat bigger... more than slightly, but less than grossly... somewhere in the middle...

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tatripp said:
I see the pictures but they don't look that much bigger

Wait until you see it in person. MAN it's so GOOD SNES ROMS LOOK SO DAMN GOOD ON IT! IT WOULD BE CRAZY IF SNEsMULDS RELEASED A 0.7 OUT OF THE BLUE, OR IF JENESISDS UPDATED. THE LARGER SCREENS MAKE THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE, I WOULD FALLL ASLEEP PLAYING ON THE DSI BUT THE DSI XL IS LIKE "BAM IN YOUR FACE COLOURS".

SNESMULDS+JENSISDS+NEOGEODS+DSIXL =
10713214.png
13368090.png
10713214.png
13368090.png
THE WHOLE DS GAMES AND PIXEL DENSITY DOES NOT APPLY FOR THESE SO THEYRE REALLY CRISP ON THE SCREENSSSSS !!!

After seeing the XL in person, the photos & videos I've come across don't really seem to do it justice. Wait until you see it in person.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
5% said:
After seeing the XL in person, the photos & videos I've come across don't really seem to do it justice. Wait until you see it in person.
This man speaks the truth, listen to him.

The surface area is INSANE if you're used to lite/phat/i.

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I traded in my DSi for my DSi XL, after seeing a demo unit at a local Gamestop. I knew I would never want to play my regular DSi again. The larger screens make playing any game at least 10 times better.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Arwen20 said:
The larger screens make playing any game at least 10 times better.

I hope this is true, i have just purchased a DSi XL after reading posts like this, waiting patiently for it to charge before trying it out.

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't say 10 times, but I think playing games on the XL feel much better.

The best part is after you've used the XL for a day or 2 and then you pick up a DS Lite.

drag0nzord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually went back to playing my DSi today i ROFLed when i started it up compared to the XL. the screens were so puny. but then i switched back to my XL when i got home and it was just as awesome as when i started it up for the first time.

Achilles

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used a friends XL the other day and I have to say, I prefer the DSi. The XL is TOO big. It's heavy and there's no way to put it in your pocket. Plus... $190? Too expensive.

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Achilles said:
there's no way to put it in your pocket

Sorry my friend but I call bullshit because you forgot to take into account the many different sizes & shapes of pockets. From personal experience, I was able to slip the XL into my jeans pocket with extra space left BUT it wouldn't fit into the jacket I was wearing.

Heavier it is but my wrists won't break from using it.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just tried my DSi again after 3 days of bliss with my new Bronze DSiXL.
I just cannot go back to those teensy weensy itsy bitsy little baby screens ever again. Goodbye DSi!
I may l keep my DSL for a while as backup and because of its' slot 2.
And yes the DSiXL screens are 93% larger by AREA, not by diagonal measurement.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
93% more area, not 93% more diagonal measurement. If it was 93% more diagonal, then the screens would be about 4 times the size of the DS lite's screen.

Stiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sooo jealous. The wife will never let me spend 190 bucks on a new one just cause its bigger. Guess I have to accidentally drop my lite.....

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't forget that it has 2 cameras, DSiWare shop, built-in browser, built-in memory, SD card slot, a matte finish (except for the glossy top), digital volume control (the volume is at least 50% louder compared to the DS lite), compatibility with DSi only and DSi enhanced games, etc.

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Improved battery life, speakers, brightness "by a hair" - engadget.com , 3 hinge locks(if you include the last one), etc?

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Well, i have now played on my DSi XL and i gotta say i was impressed, it certainly does make a hell of a difference to the gameplay, especially for RPG's, the text is so much easier to read.

Also the size makes for an all-round more enjoyable experience, so if anyone is considering purchasing one of these, all i can say is, you will not be disappointed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated