ROM Hack Dsi(XL) ROM White Screen help!

Ketaido

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i got my XL a few weeks ago along with my Acekard 2i but i cant get my damn roms to work.

I've updated my acekard and XL to 1.4.3 (acekard first then XL) but when i start any rom i get white/black screen or the game freeze after 3 sec when it loads.

Im running AKAIO 1.8.8 on my acekard,
my games are placed in MicroSD:/games/ (if that matters)

I've tried to delete everything on my acekard and replace it but nothing works.

Im pretty much noob with 0% knowlege about this stuff so (surprised i got this far) all help/details are appreciated!

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Ketaido

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The_Dragons_Master_F said:
First of all did they used to work ? if yes you can try backing up your games , format it using Panasonic SD Formatter here & put your stuff back.

No they did not, ive played the games on my computer to see that they work with an emulator tho.
One time i got Castlevania to work, but after i closed my ds down and tried to play again...well i got white screen.

The_Dragons_Mast

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Well are you sure all the AKAIO files are placed correctly? If they are then the only thing that might be causing this is the sd . Just try reformatting it with the program I gave you or try a different one & see if the games work.

Ketaido

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The_Dragons_Master_F said:
Well are you sure all the AKAIO files are placed correctly? If they are then the only thing that might be causing this is the sd . Just try reformatting it with the program I gave you or try a different one & see if the games work.

Well i didnt touch the AKAIO file, thought it was correctly put together when i downloaded it?
ohmy.gif

http://imageshack.us/f/638/dsmenu.png/ heres a pic how it looks, left image is root folder in my sdcard (i put the games folder in there to), the right image is inside the _aio file.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Update you DSI XL is the most stupid things you could do but lucky you...it should not make any difference.

Bring a flashcard to run is not a rocket science!
Connect Micro sd to the pc and format it, download the AKAIO 1.8.8 firmware and the 1.4.3 update, extract and copy the files from:
http://www.acekard.com/download.php
to the micro sd.
Put the game in any folder you want (remember to decompress them and have the .nds extention).
Plug everything on a ds lite or dsi and run the 1.4.3 update. (I don't know if there is any problem if you have dsi firmware 1.4.3 but your ak2i isn't yet updated).

Anyway after the update, run your games.

If not working (i assume you made the correct steps above) or the problem i mentioned about the ndsi firmware (solution: run the update from a console running lower firmware before you put it in your console) or the game you downloaded is corrupt (solution: redownload it from another place) or your sd card is broken or the AK2i is not so good like many say and you should buy a new card.
Personally i have R4 original (original FW or Wood), R4 clone (OFW or with Ys Menu), the R4 1.4, the galaxy eagle, the AK2i, but since a year or so I run DSTWO in a NDSiXL 1.4U without touching anything and having no problems (naturally i never updated my console either).

Ketaido

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I formatted the sdcard and i actually got a game working (castlevaina dawn of sorrow) /cheer.
Ive tried some of my other games but they get black/white screen or freeze quickly, so i guess my roms are bad
frown.gif
(even tho they work with an emulator)

Ketaido

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*Update*

I tried to get civilization to work but it froze after 10sec in loading screen so i triend to mess around with the file (like change save type) but it didnt work.
The strange thing is..now castlevania wont work (havent touched its settings), i just get white screen....what the ****?

*update2*

If i restart my ds try castlevania and repeat this many times i get the game working every 5th time and the other 4 i get whitescreen, so i guess my ak2i or sdcard is broken?

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If the think is so random, then I would say yes...or AK2i or sdcard broken.
Be sure that the AK2i is really good connected to the DS by touching it while on the main menu of the ds (i had to put my card on the ds 2-3 times before it really was connectiong well without dissapearing from the menu). After this, i got 5/5 with soft reset and 5/5 turning the console completely off.

About the settings, you should probably never change them apart if you are trying to play the newest games (up to today this would mean 5822+) before the new firmware is updated.

If you want to check your rom, use romcenter (www.romcenter.com) and the dat files from No-Intro (http://datomatic.no-intro.org/).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1