Hacking DSi XL problems?

Rothgard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Howdy.

I have owned this acekard2i for a while now. It works fine on my wife's regular DS lite, but I'd really like to use it on my DSi XL for the bigger screen. I updated the firmware using the latest firmware on this link: http://www.acekard.com/download.php

My DSi XL is 1.4.1u.

The download says it works with up to 1.4.4, so I'm wondering why it won't boot up at all on my XL. When I plug it in, the card appears in the UI, and if I try to start it, I get an error, something about how I need to read the manual, and it tells me to restard the system. All I've done is literally downloaded the firmware, and dragged it onto the memory stick. Is there something else I should be doing to get this working?

Cheers.

Rothgard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are 2 .nds files I found - one is called ak2loader.nds, and the other in the root directory is called akmenu4.nds.

ak2loader.nds simply says "loading" when I open it - and it only appears if I create a folder for it. akmenu4.nds doesn't even appear at all, no matter where I put it or where I navigate. The top screen has this big logo "AKAIO Release 1.8.9" - but I'm not sure if it's actually installed, or if this is just an image that the older firmware is just loading up. Still no luck on the DSi XL.

There seems to be a lot of different files I can download on acekard.com - maybe I'm not even using the proper file here. The one I'm trying to install is at the very top - in bold writing. It seems to be the most important, but maybe I need some other kind of file to get it to work on my XL?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There are 2 .nds files I found - one is called ak2loader.nds, and the other in the root directory is called akmenu4.nds.

ak2loader.nds simply says "loading" when I open it - and it only appears if I create a folder for it. akmenu4.nds doesn't even appear at all, no matter where I put it or where I navigate. The top screen has this big logo "AKAIO Release 1.8.9" - but I'm not sure if it's actually installed, or if this is just an image that the older firmware is just loading up. Still no luck on the DSi XL.

There seems to be a lot of different files I can download on acekard.com - maybe I'm not even using the proper file here. The one I'm trying to install is at the very top - in bold writing. It seems to be the most important, but maybe I need some other kind of file to get it to work on my XL?
I think you're installing the wrong thing. AKAIO is the loader, that is just drag and drop to install. What you need to download is this and launch the file ending in .dsl.nds

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh