DSi XL Flashcard Help?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by elm, Nov 19, 2014.

1. elm
    OP

elm GBAtemp Fan

Jun 20, 2007
    United States
    My nephew got a DSi XL 25th Anniversary edition, firmware 1.4.4U. And I bought an Acekard 2i and I can't seem to get it working. I wasn't sure what Moonshell version to use? I do remember needed to execute an update on the DS-Lite. Any help to jog my memory will be appreciated. I just need the steps and the correct Moonshell and update to get this going.

Thanks

2. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    Uhm moonshell is a media player, are you aware of that? As far as I know, the Acekard 2i does not support 1.4.4.

3. elm
    OP

elm GBAtemp Fan

Jun 20, 2007
    United States
    Oh ok, so it won't work because of the firmware 1.4.4?? I guess I meant to say was the AKMenu instead of Moonshell (LoL).

4. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    That makes more sense :P But I got it wrong, it actually does work on 1.4.4, you need to find the proper patch to make it work, you're gonna need a DS (lite) to update it, however. The problem is that the official website is not online anymore. Google's gonna fix that problem though ;) Also, when you got the card working on the DSi, I recommend you to use AKAIO instead of AKMenu

5. elm
    OP

elm GBAtemp Fan

Jun 20, 2007
    United States

Ok, great!! Thanks for the help!!

6. elm
    OP

elm GBAtemp Fan

Jun 20, 2007
    United States
    Any additional help, please? I downloaded a few different Acekard menu's & updates on GBA downloads, but it's not working, I get a black screen. And If this helps -----> I get a horses head as an icon on the dsi menu. If any other advice or links or updated videos would be appreciated as well.