Gaming DSI XL - Canged Top Screen Now It Wont Work - HELP

mysticbertie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i replaced the top screen on my daughters dsi xl as she had dropped it and then half of it went black, it was working great otherwise. I followed a tutorial on ebay on how to replace the top screen. After assembly it wont power on, it just has a quick flash trying to start and then nothing.

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong here, i could take it all to bits and check all the connections but im hoping someone with some experience on this problem can give me a few pointers.

cheers
rab

mysticbertie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like either the new top screen doesn't work, or one of the screens aren't fully plugged in.
Try reseating the screen connections.

thanks for the reply, would this kind of fault cause it to not power up, the connections are that small i need to get a magnifier to check these then.

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like either the new top screen doesn't work, or one of the screens aren't fully plugged in.

thanks for the reply, would this kind of fault cause it to not power up, the connections are that small i need to get a magnifier to check these then.
Yeah, if the DS doens't detect a screen is plugged it, it will intentionally not boot.

Reactions: 1 person

mysticbertie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah, if the DS doens't detect a screen is plugged it, it will intentionally not boot.

many thanks ill give it a try and let you know how i get on cheers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The spam robots have become self aware