dsi won't work?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by jackevee, Nov 10, 2010.

Nov 10, 2010

dsi won't work? by jackevee at 2:34 AM (945 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. jackevee
    OP

Newcomer jackevee Newbie

United States
    When I got home, I played paper airplanes on my dsi. After I quit it, I tried to use my m3izero, and it said:
    ERROR, PLEASE TURN OFF THE DSI SYSTEM. REFER TO THE DSI OPTIONS MANUAL FOR DETAILS, or something like that. I don't know what is going on. After that I tried using anything else and nothing worked. Please tell me what is going on and what I can do to fix it. [​IMG]

2. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I assume your M3i worked before, you haven't updated your DSi or anything lately have you? Is the card connecting properly with the pins?

3. jackevee
    OP

Newcomer jackevee Newbie

United States
    yeah, I havn't updated or anything. I looked other places online and one of them said that nintendo sent out and update that was manditory or something, and that anyone using a flashcart at the time would have their dsi messed up. I assumed this wasn't true, but maybe it really happened? Is anything similar happening?

4. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    The last update from Nintendo was in September, that was version 1.4.1U. When was the last time you updated?

5. jackevee
    OP

Newcomer jackevee Newbie

United States
    i updated the 1.4.1, but wasn't there a new on called 1.7.1 I think so because even before this happened, when I tried going to go to dsishop, it said, I need to update to 1.7.1 first

6. ShadowSoldier

Canada
    No? The latest is 1.4.1 which was released in early September. Your M3 work since you updated to 1.4.1?

7. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    IIRC hasn't there been posts like this before for other flashcards (I'm thinking mainly about the AK2i) - where for some unknown reason they stopped working with a similar message of 'ERROR, PLEASE TURN OFF THE DSI SYSTEM. REFER TO THE DSI OPTIONS MANUAL FOR DETAILS' - something about a possible corrupted header or something like that

The cure, I think, was to re-install the 1.4.1 'upgrade' for the card in question.

Which means for the M3i0 using the 'Core Data file' & that funny lead that plugs into a USB slot & the m3i0