OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.areyougoingtostalkme.wtf
XP
Country
Japan
Hey there, i have some Trouble finding the right hack...

What i want is not much:

-read out my Games from my Game Cards

-Save them on the System Menu

-Play them from the System Menu

what i dont want:

-play downloaded Games

-replace my Original Menu by any Chance!

-Flashcards

The System Version is 1.4E and i am afraid updating via Network will get me on Version 1.6. ... (1.4.5 is required for the exploit)

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you speaking bout the DSi?cause the DS AFAIK can only boot slot 1 (nds) and slot 2 (GBA) there was a way to flash firmware but iirc thats obsolite cause the firmware was to boot very old slot 2 flashcarts directlly as the Omega does the patching on the fly for that

Reactions: Rocky_D

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there
Hi!
-read out my Games from my Game Cards
Game carts? The DS is already region free, so you can play games from your region, out of region, with and without the need of cfw.
-Save them on the System Menu
You can either put DS rom dumps (images) on a flashcart, or use TWilightmenu to play said ds rom images without the need of a flashcart. Though the game compatibility is good but not perfect in comparison to flashcarts, and it requires cfw for (DSi/XL).
Play them from the System Menu
Same as above.
what i dont want:

-play downloaded Games
It's your choice, you can use rom dumps from your own carts if you want, and play them with either flashcart or TWilightmenu.
-replace my Original Menu by any Chance!
Installing cfw and setting up TWilightmenu doesn't remove the original menu, neither is with the flashcart. Thought the flashcart itself has different menu, but it's not permanent and you can go back to it when you remove it and reboot the system..
-Flashcards
Again your choice. TWilightmenu is really robust, with many other features that're not present for flashcarts..
The System Version is 1.4E and i am afraid updating via Network will get me on Version 1.6. ... (1.4.5 is required for the exploit)
You don't need to update anything to set up cfw or a flashcart..

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
are you speaking bout the DSi?cause the DS AFAIK can only boot slot 1 (nds) and slot 2 (GBA) there was a way to flash firmware but iirc thats obsolite cause the firmware was to boot very old slot 2 flashcarts directlly as the Omega does the patching on the fly for that
Yes It's my DSi:] CoolMe solved those questions but thanks you still:]

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
Hi!

Game carts? The DS is already region free, so you can play games from your region, out of region, with and without the need of cfw.

You can either put DS rom dumps (images) on a flashcart, or use TWilightmenu to play said ds rom images without the need of a flashcart. Though the game compatibility is good but not perfect in comparison to flashcarts, and it requires cfw for (DSi/XL).

Same as above.

It's your choice, you can use rom dumps from your own carts if you want, and play them with either flashcart or TWilightmenu.

Installing cfw and setting up TWilightmenu doesn't remove the original menu, neither is with the flashcart. Thought the flashcart itself has different menu, but it's not permanent and you can go back to it when you remove it and reboot the system..

Again your choice. TWilightmenu is really robust, with many other features that're not present for flashcarts..

You don't need to update anything to set up cfw or a flashcart..
This helped a lot thank you!

There May be one more thing if you know the Answer...

Since i would like to play my very own Copys (and like this maybe even back up my Save Games) it would be cool if i would be able to show my Games and Boot them on the Original System Menu^_^ I think you know what i mean:D
Anything you know about this?:]

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since i would like to play my very own Copys (and like this maybe even back up my Save Games) it would be cool if i would be able to show my Games and Boot them on the Original System Menu^_^ I think you know what i mean:D
Anything you know about this?:]
You want to rip your DS games and play those rom dumps on your DSi without the need of the original cartridges, right ? Then your only option is TWilightmenu. Since you don't want flashcarts.
For your game saves, you can back them up and use them on TWilightmenu, use GodMode9i to dump your carts as well as your saves.
Though first you need to install cfw first if you want to use TWilightmenu. Follow this guide here carefully and do not skip any steps.

Reactions: banjo2 and Rocky_D

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
You want to rip your DS games and play those rom dumps on your DSi without the need of the original cartridges, right ? Then your only option is TWilightmenu. Since you don't want flashcarts.
For your game saves, you can back them up and use them on TWilightmenu, use GodMode9i to dump your carts as well as your saves.
Though first you need to install cfw first if you want to use TWilightmenu. Follow this guide here carefully and do not skip any steps.
Thank You i will consider that:]

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
For cart games on the DSi Menu it's also possible to use forwarders instead of/in addition to TWiLight Menu++. That guide assumes you have hiyaCFW which in turn relies on Unlaunch from the main guide CoolMe linked.

If you don't want to have to use hiyaCFW you can also use NTM to install the forwarders to the SysNAND menu, but this comes with a couple caveats: A) you'll still need Unlaunch and its launcher patches will need to be enabled since they're not legit DSiWare, which disables sound in the DSi Menu and the health and safety splash and B) no matter what you'll still need the SD card in to actually play the games as only the forwarders are on NAND, the games themselves are still on the SD.

Personally I just use TWiLight Menu++ and have it autoboot directly from Unlaunch, but forwarders can be a good option if you really want to use the official DSi Menu. For forwarders its generally best to use hiyaCFW as that allows you to keep the menu music and splash screen, without which its almost further from stock then just using TWiLight.

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
For cart games on the DSi Menu it's also possible to use forwarders instead of/in addition to TWiLight Menu++. That guide assumes you have hiyaCFW which in turn relies on Unlaunch from the main guide CoolMe linked.

If you don't want to have to use hiyaCFW you can also use NTM to install the forwarders to the SysNAND menu, but this comes with a couple caveats: A) you'll still need Unlaunch and its launcher patches will need to be enabled since they're not legit DSiWare, which disables sound in the DSi Menu and the health and safety splash and B) no matter what you'll still need the SD card in to actually play the games as only the forwarders are on NAND, the games themselves are still on the SD.

Personally I just use TWiLight Menu++ and have it autoboot directly from Unlaunch, but forwarders can be a good option if you really want to use the official DSi Menu. For forwarders its generally best to use hiyaCFW as that allows you to keep the menu music and splash screen, without which its almost further from stock then just using TWiLight.
Wow those forwarders sound so good to my nostalgic heart:D
Thank You")

Reactions: banjo2

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan
So i am back:D

Your posts have helped a lot! I have HiyaCFW,TWillightMenu++ and Unlaunch working-while keeping my Original DSi Menu and the Health&Safety Boot Screen...

Only one thing does not work:

The Forwarders...

I have been on the on the Github Pages downloading DS.Game.Forwarder.Pack and also MakeForwarder files.
But they always say "Go to the -titles- Folder in the extracted Archive and do (blabla) but the
-titles- Folder is not there
Or they say "Copy the MakeForwarder Folder too the Root of your SD-Card"
but this Folder is not in the Archive...

(I followed the Links that you have postet and used the right download Link)

Do you know what is wrong?:D

Rocky_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Japan

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and says:"Copy NDSForwarder.dsi to your SD card root"

but there was no such Folder...
"NDSForwarder.dsi" is a file and you need to put it on the "root" of the sd card.
The "Root" of the sd card is something like this. ⬇️
nintendo-sd-card-not-recognized.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: