Hacking DSi Ware

Lastly

Tempin' at the speed of sound
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm lastly as you all can obviously see. If the flashcard is not able to acess the Dsi hardware easily, maybe we have to go around the other way. By acessing the SD card and copying existing apps, games, ect. a new folder have been created when insert into the Computer. (private/ds/)

If we are able to see the app data (private/ds/app or private/ds/title)
we could share this data and other user can copy it to there Dsi simialar to the process of iPhone.

Will it work? I'm just helping you guys around, as I don't even have a Dsi. I wish to have one...... but never plan to get one.(Dream;
yaynds.gif
; )

Anyyyyyway... Correct me if I'm wrong
moogle.gif

Thanks
-lastly

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the games will only play on the DSi it was downloaded on but being able to get the games off of the system is a step in the right direction. BTW Warioware Snapped is 7.48mb.

Lastly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
No, the games will only play on the DSi it was downloaded on but being able to get the games off of the system is a step in the right direction. BTW Warioware Snapped is 7.48mb.
Oh. Thanks for the reply. Could it be what of it in the file or the file name?
If you have an app, please share your file name.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS works just like the Wii, it makes writes unique signature to the game. If you try to play it on another DS, the signature in the game does not match the one on the DS so it wont boot up. I'n trying to figure out DSiware games tho. Since the DS, doesn't have a saving system it seems to make a save, along with the game. So for Warioware the game ID is 4B555745 and the gamesave is called HNB_.lst Exept Warioware doesnt save as far as I know so I'm not sure what that file is.

Lastly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... So the file name doesn't mattter....

Off - Topic: My cousin just came over and suprisly brought his DSi at GameStop! I was so excited to see all the feature!
Then I thought about telling about flashcard. I know AceKardi is good, but does it work with the US version?

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lastly said:

Off - Topic: My cousin just came over and suprisly brought his DSi at GameStop! I was so excited to see all the feature!
Then I thought about telling about flashcard. I know AceKardi is good, but does it work with the US version?
Yes it does.

Lastly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendude92 said:
Lastly said:

Yes it does.
I trying to think if it is possible to crack it. Would anyone mind uploading a DSi ware otherwise then Wario Ware?

Off - Topic : What a good and cheap site to buy AceKard 2i

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it works with all regions, but do you really want to ruin your cousins free spirit and turn him into a pirate forever? Not the fun light-hearted pirates either. I am talking about the ones like from pirates of the Caribbean. They will never understand the meaning of owning a game anymore. Going through games by the dozen, playing through each one mindlessly, eagerly awaiting the next... errr well its your choice if you want to tell him.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well if the DSiWare checks for a signature...could we not just patch it?

And if the DSi checks for the signature as well we could always easily run it via a homebrew app or custom firmware if it ever gets made. That's just how people play ISO's on the PSP. The custom firmware leaves out the part where it checks for the signature of the game so you can play them off your memory stick.

Lastly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
Yes it works with all regions, but do you really want to ruin your cousins free spirit and turn him into a pirate forever? Not the fun light-hearted pirates either. I am talking about the ones like from pirates of the Caribbean. They will never understand the meaning of owning a game anymore. Going through games by the dozen, playing through each one mindlessly, eagerly awaiting the next... errr well its your choice if you want to tell him.
I'm buying to put all his old ds game into one and started buying used games at game stop to use it legally.

DeltaBurnt: Yeah. Well guess my part is over. I'm just trying to help you guys for a reminder.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it at all be possible with a FW update from a flashcard to be able to run BIN files? Because that is what Wiiware are. Or would we require a new flashcard for doing so?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
Would it at all be possible with a FW update from a flashcard to be able to run BIN files? Because that is what Wiiware are. Or would we require a new flashcard for doing so?

Playing a certain format shouldn't really take a whole new physical cart. The only thing that making a new flashcart would do is make it so it isn't blocked.

So yes it should be able to play bin files with an update, though it may need to be a big update that will probably take longer than ussually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.