Gaming Dsi Ware, and GBA expansion games

Takatoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have looked at quite a number of forums, but i cant seem to find any information on this.

1. Has there ever been any hacks to obtain all Dsi Ware and share them like roms? Or running them using flash carts? Some of them are no longer available and it would be nice to be able to download them.

2. Other than Guitar Hero DS, are there any retail carts that have GBA expansion and rely on them for gameplay? Another unique cartridge would be pokemon heartgold for its ability to communicate with the pokewalker using infrared.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there was one card that used DSi mode, but it wasn't very well implemented or something like that. I don't recall exactly.

Metroid Prime Pinball came with a rumble expansion, and a few other games supported it. The main one I recall was Super Princess Peach.

Takatoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
thanks for the reply!
aw thats sad to know that there isnt support for DSi Ware
oh cool i will go check out metroid pinball. are there any other interesting DS retail cardtridges?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
DSiWare may now be supported on the 3DS, assuming you can get your hands on a .cia file and install it on your sysnand. However, you need the modified sysnand CFW to be able to install it and it would need to be clean in order to be run, and I'm not sure if clean DSiWare .cia files exist. It's very risky even if it does work, and presents a significant chance of bricking the 3DS.
DSi-enhanced games were able to use additional DSi features using the CycloDS iEvo, but the card is dated and doesn't work on new firmwares and the support is bad, since WiFi doesn't work.
thanks for the reply!
aw thats sad to know that there isnt support for DSi Ware
oh cool i will go check out metroid pinball. are there any other interesting DS retail cardtridges?

The Nintendo DS web browser used a memory expansion pack, and the Guitar Hero games used a grip that added additional buttons. That's all I know though.

D

Deleted User

The ewin rumble pack was better than the official Nintendo one, though I'm not sure if those are still sold anywhere. IIRC they weren't exactly easy to get back in the day. They were available in black and white, so you could match the early DS Lite colors. I'm also not sure if there was a version that would fit in the original DS.

There was a GBA expansion cart for "Daigasso! Band Brothers" (大合奏!バンドブラザーズ) called "Daigasso! Band Brothers: Request Selection" which included 31 new songs for the game.

image.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yea I think i was supposed to say hormone replacement therapy