Hacking DSi v1.3 and M3i Zero

rmartes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I am totally new to this and have a few questions after reading all sorts of posts. The current firmware on my DSi is 1.3u, so should I upgrade to the latest DS firmware? I am a little bit confused about which file to download and just wanted some verification. Should I be downloading the M3Sakura System and PC tools (1-12-2009) -- M3Sakura Ver1.44X Edition The Europe/USA/Asia Version or Core for M3i Zero only (26-02-2009) -- M3i Core data file V1.4? Is there anything else you think that will be helpful in making sure that the process is successful? Any quick guides, directory structures and etc? What is the largest size MicroSD that can be put inside the M3i Zero adapter?

I truly appreciate all those in advance for guiding me in the right direction....

Happy Holidays to all....

rmartes

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rmartes said:
Hello Everyone,

I am totally new to this and have a few questions after reading all sorts of posts. The current firmware on my DSi is 1.3u, so should I upgrade to the latest DS firmware? I am a little bit confused about which file to download and just wanted some verification. Should I be downloading the M3Sakura System and PC tools (1-12-2009) -- M3Sakura Ver1.44X Edition The Europe/USA/Asia Version or Core for M3i Zero only (26-02-2009) -- M3i Core data file V1.4? Is there anything else you think that will be helpful in making sure that the process is successful? Any quick guides, directory structures and etc? What is the largest size MicroSD that can be put inside the M3i Zero adapter?

I truly appreciate all those in advance for guiding me in the right direction....

Happy Holidays to all....

rmartes

M3Sakura System and PC tools (1-12-2009) -- M3Sakura Ver1.44X Edition The Europe/USA/Asia Version is the firmware for both M3 Real and M3i0.

Core for M3i Zero only (26-02-2009) -- M3i Core data file V1.4? is the bootloader update for the m3i0 to be able to boot on a 1.4x DSi. if you plan on updating to 1.4x on your DSi, then that is the file you need, if not, ignore it.

rmartes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great!!! I was able to setup sakura and flash the firmware for 1.44, since I will be updating the DSi to 1.44. I currently now have on my MicroSD in the root the Systems folder and F_Core file. I will like to know the correct directory structure and where would I be putting my games. Am I suppose to be creating a NDS folder in the root to dump my backups? Anything else you think I need to knw will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
rmartes said:
Great!!! I was able to setup sakura and flash the firmware for 1.44, since I will be updating the DSi to 1.44. I currently now have on my MicroSD in the root the Systems folder and F_Core file. I will like to know the correct directory structure and where would I be putting my games. Am I suppose to be creating a NDS folder in the root to dump my backups? Anything else you think I need to knw will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
All that matters is the SYSTEM folder. Once you've copied that folder to the root of your MicroSD card, you can organize your files and folders any way you want.

Some people just use an NDS folder for their .nds ROMs and a GBA folder for their .gba ROMs (both in the root as well) because TouchPod searches for ROMs in those folders by default. But if you put your ROMs in differently-named directories, you can set TouchPod to point to the correct folders for your ROMs anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY