Hacking DSi to end GBA era?

zant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are all hyped up about the new DSi............. The features list now excludes gba support. Will this be an end to the GBA era? is there a way to play gba games on the DSi thru slot 1 flash carts?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
zant said:
We are all hyped up about the new DSi............. The features list now excludes gba support. Will this be an end to the GBA era? is there a way to play gba games on the DSi thru slot 1 flash carts?

Nobody knows until it's actually released but I think it's highly doubtful.

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i guess i hear what you are saying but i am pretty sure they will release a gba adapter and dont forget not everybody is going to get the DSI not everybody went from GBA to GBA SP and so on

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
apb407 said:
i guess i hear what you are saying but i am pretty sure they will release a gba adapter and dont forget not everybody is going to get the DSI not everybody went from GBA to GBA SP and so on

Where would you attach the GBA adaptor to?

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well , yes the GBA is pretty much done for ... there have not been any new releases in months and the micro isnt selling that much ... so yes ... RIP GBA
frown.gif

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tatumanu said:
Well , yes the GBA is pretty much done for ... there have not been any new releases in months and the micro isnt selling that much ... so yes ... RIP GBA
frown.gif
Dude, the last game that was dumped was on the 9th of April.

Gerinych

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, if there's no slot-2 anymore, goodbye Pal Park, Nintendo DS Browser, Rumble Pak, Tony Hawk's Motion, Guitar Hero: On Tour, I think there's something else.

EDIT: Pokemon Dash map import, GBA insertion pokemon.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe there WILL be a continuation of GBA on the DSi, except they will expect you to PAY to download GBA games through their DSware stuff. Screw that noise.

I hope the DSi fails harder than an preschooler at a calculus test, because I foresee it as a testbed for digital downloads for ALL games in the future if it's successful. That would mean no more carts, which would also mean ROMs would be harder to come by and piracy will take a big hit......at least until the hackers find some exploit or something, if ever.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still play Atari 2600 games on my DS lite. It's only the end of an era if you choose to make it so....

As for, will there be a way to play gba games on the DSi, I'm sure Nintendo will offer them for sale. And that those will be hacked like virtual console on wii was.

dewback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with the DSi someone will hack in to finally have a way to play GBA game off the slot one because would have storage to play games off the download feature or will be completely kill GBA games and just have small games for download.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dewback said:
So with the DSi someone will hack in to finally have a way to play GBA game off the slot one because would have storage to play games off the download feature or will be completely kill GBA games and just have small games for download.
the DSi can never "ever" emulate the GBA
the hardware isnt strong enough

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I assume that some of the DSi download games will GBA + GBC titles. This has already been implied in a couple of news items.

Once pirates crack the SD card slot this machine will be the ultimate portable. It will play DS, DSI, GBC, and GBA. And this does not include all the emulators supported by the DS.

o RedSheLL x

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
feds4u said:
I assume that some of the DSi download games will GBA + GBC titles. This has already been implied in a couple of news items.

Once pirates crack the SD card slot this machine will be the ultimate portable. It will play DS, DSI, GBC, and GBA. And this does not include all the emulators supported by the DS.
Absolutely, and there is a solution... DON'T BUY TEH DANG THING!

(small font) I hope Nintendo doesn't drop the DS Lite like Team DS-X and the... DS Xtr.... THE FLASHCART THAT MUST NOT BE NAMED!
ph34r.gif

Mohammad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait for a NEW system, not an upgraded system. Yeah we'll see how it all works out. Everyone is freaking out I don't understand how they could do this!

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tatumanu said:
frown.gif

cry.gif
even though I never play GBA games anymore I'm going to miss those days

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The GBA is already dead for months now. It's time to move on guys. Even while we are waiting for the Mother 3 translation, the GBA has already reached it's prime and now it's just an old system.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
the gba is already dead because the nds has the gba slot so most people would buy a nds instead of a gba... goodbye gba i'll miss the times when i played with you
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...