Gaming DSi that doesn't detect games

xonn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a DSi with a complete useless cartridge slot.
It doesn't detect any game inserted. I have opened the console and cleaned contacts (and used a thin sandpaper too to remove possible remains of rust).
I'm starting to think that the problem could be in some fuse, because slot1 is clean and shiny (the console has been always very well maintained).
Any ideas?

Thanks for your help :)

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does the game work in other DSes? Try reinserting the card a few times (or blowing into it because that always magically fixes everything?)

xonn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Does the game work in other DSes? Try reinserting the card a few times (or blowing into it because that always magically fixes everything?)
Yes, everything has been checked before. And yes, those are games that run perfectly in another DS console that I have.
:(

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Look inside for bent pins – not easy to see. As far as I know the fuses on the motherboard and the powerboard are for charging current. Checking anything with an "F"(use) on the board(s) with multimeter is a good idea though.

Spare part (new cartridge reader) is fairly cheap but not easy to solder. If you're good at soldering replace the reader (or have a friend replace it) to see if that solves the problem. Going to a professional repair shop makes no economical sense (cheaper/easier to get another DSi) and only is a good idea if you somehow attached to that specific console.

Since TWiLight Menu++ / nds-bootstrap have become so very, very good: Ignoring the failed reader is another option. Just dump your ROMs and saves and use them from SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou