Hacking DSi screen defect from factory?

Rablador

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I recently bought a Japanese DSi and noticed that whenever you press on the touchscreen you will get a liquid-ish effect in the middle part of the screen. Imagine you touch the screen of a laptop and you will not what I mean. I don't remeber the DS Lite having this "defect". Anyone else who noticed it? Just to make sure it wasn't just on my DSi I also checked on my girlfriend's and it had the same problem. Usually it's not very easy to spot it, but if you go to the screen calibration screen (dark background) you should see it clearly.

Any thoughts?

/Rablador

GTScelica93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generally the touchscreen is secured in a way that when you use it, it doesn't touch the actual LCD. Unless you press hard, then that is a different story.

I'm curious to know if others are seeing this problem as well, as I'll have mine in a couple days. But I'd assume that this shouldn't happen during 'normal use'.

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as long as you have your warranty
or if you don't already..
and I might be mistaken, but
my friend ball2012003 told me you can sign up for a free warranty for your DSi

Rablador

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
GTScelica93: Would you mind letting me know how your DSi turns out when you get it? Could be good to know if I should send it back for repair or not...

GTScelica93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rablador said:
GTScelica93: Would you mind letting me know how your DSi turns out when you get it? Could be good to know if I should send it back for repair or not...
Will do. With any luck I'll have it before Sunday, but it looks like I might have wait and pick it up ON release date (damn). Any EUR or AUS owners care to share their experience?

You might try filling out the web support form on Nintendo's website and see what kind of response their support group gives.

GTScelica93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, got my DSi today... After a few hours of testing, I never had a problem. The screen never seemed to push up against the LCD.

Rablador

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, not even on the calibration screen? Weird that both DSi:s that I got had the same problem... I checked the serial number on them and even though they were quite close they had at least a couple of hundred untis between them.

George290506

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
It should be a defect. In your position I would call Nintendo as soon as I can.
When I bought my DSi I pressed the screen to fit the screen protectors but I didn't see any problem after turning the power on.
I cannot confirm the problem related to the calibration of the touch screen as I will not use the calibration unless I need it.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an American DSi and there are no liquid effects here on the calibration screen or anywhere else. I tap very gently though. My screen protectors haven't arrived yet so I'm not going to press on it hard
smile.gif

samp420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem but on both sides of the screen toward the center. US version black. A friend with a US Blue doesn't have the issue and a friend with a US Black has the problem but way less severe than mine. I'm taking mine back....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought I saw a puttie snatch...