Hacking DSi repair....

Neku_Sakuraba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after accidentally dropping my DSi some their is some BIG problems....
first off this chip broke off from the DSi board
(i put the chip by were it SHOULD be....)
photo0112q.jpg

Here is it with out the chip
photo0111lq.jpg

Here is the chip itself
photo0117ct.jpg

And here it is in its actual place
photo0119q.jpg

I'm not sending it to nintendo (repairs will probably cost as much as the DSi itself)
please will someone give me directions on how to fix this?
and please explain what the chip does

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.......Woaw....

I really don't know if it should be taped in place or soldered or completely screwed :S

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Neku_Sakuraba said:
I'm not sending it to nintendo (repairs will probably cost as much as the DSi itself)

They charge less then that. Anyway maybe you should. They have been known not to charge for some repairs, even those out of warranty. They didn't charge me for my Lite and it was clearly out of warranty. They should also send it back free of charge if you don't want to pay the cost.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yaynds.gif

I sent in my sisters DSL, a week or 2 ago, and got it back...We didn't know what was wrong with it, but it was still under warranty. So anyway....I got it back via UPS, and opened it up. Nintendo sent us a refurbished console. I was like
blink.gif
, and then I read the note Nintendo sent with it.

QUOTE said:
"Dear, ******

The DSL console, has a liquid spilled on it, and it somehow got into the DSL's motherboard. This caused the contacts, to become rusted, and unuseable, therfore not allowing the DSL system to power on. Normally this type of damage is not covered under warranty, but we'll make a exception.

Signed NOA"

^Not exactly like that, but it sums up what happened. So, put back together that DSI. Request a repair, send it in. If they will still cover it great. If not, then they might just call you, and ship it back.

(The chip doesn't look damaged, and it kinda looks like it wouldn't budge easy....So it could possible be a defect?)

Neku_Sakuraba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora1234 said:
yaynds.gif

I sent in my sisters DSL, a week or 2 ago, and got it back...We didn't know what was wrong with it, but it was still under warranty. So anyway....I got it back via UPS, and opened it up. Nintendo sent us a refurbished console. I was like
blink.gif

QUOTE said:
"Dear, ******

The DSL console, has a liquid spilled on it, and it somehow got into the DSL's motherboard. This caused the contacts, to become rusted, and unuseable, therfore not allowing the DSL system to power on. Normally this type of damage is not covered under warranty, but we'll make a exception.

Signed NOA"

^Not exactly like that, but it sums up what happened. So, put back together that DSI. Request a repair, send it in. If they will still cover it great. If not, then they might just call you, and ship it back.

(The chip doesn't look damaged, and it kinda looks like it wouldn't budge easy....So it could possible be a defect?)

Trust me this is from the falling down a flight of stair into wood flooring with like parts of the casing ripped to SHREDS...
not a defect...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neku_Sakuraba said:
Sora1234 said:
yaynds.gif

blink.gif

QUOTE said:
"Dear, ******

Signed NOA"

Trust me this is from the falling down a flight of stair into wood flooring with like parts of the casing ripped to SHREDS...
not a defect...
I'd send it in, the worst that could happen is them saying "No".
Best, you get a working DSi again and all is well (plus the ability of flight for some unknown reason).

Neku_Sakuraba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Neku_Sakuraba said:
Sora1234 said:
yaynds.gif

blink.gif

QUOTE said:
"Dear, ******

Signed NOA"

not a defect...
I'd send it in, the worst that could happen is them saying "No".
Best, you get a working DSi again and all is well (plus the ability of flight for some unknown reason).
well ive kinda made this my summer project....
anyways.... Nintendo is my mortal enemy...
i dont want them to have the satifaction of saying no....

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neku_Sakuraba said:
well ive kinda made this my summer project....
anyways.... Nintendo is my mortal enemy...
i dont want them to have the satifaction of saying no....

Wait. WHAT???

But then why do you own a DSi???
unsure.gif

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Neku_Sakuraba said:
Well after accidentally dropping my DSi some their is some BIG problems....
first off this chip broke off from the DSi board
(i put the chip by were it SHOULD be....)
photo0112q.jpg

Here is it with out the chip
photo0111lq.jpg

Here is the chip itself
photo0117ct.jpg

And here it is in its actual place
photo0119q.jpg

please will someone give me directions on how to fix this?
and please explain what the chip does
lol your 16MB RAM fell off, thats the mobile RAM chip. just sit it on & lite a candle & hopefully it soliders back on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-