Gaming Dsi problem

Natalie88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has an r4 card in it and on screen it says data system error? Does need to update the firmware on the R4? or any advice?

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Could we have more details please?
1. Which R4 card are you using? Please give the website of the manufacturer, it should be on the box or even on the cart itself.

Does it say "R4i" or just "R4"? R4is work on DSis, "R4"s usually don't.

2. What Firmware is your DSi running?

3. When does this error occur? Right after you load the cart into the DSi? Or when you are trying to access the cart on your DSi, or when you are loading the games? If the R4 cart has an icon after you load it inside the DSi, what is it?

And so on. It's a bit hard to help you without the relevant details, you know. Without sufficient clues all we can do is guess at the problem. The more you give us, the more we can help you figure it out. Thanks.

Natalie88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
molh394 said:
1. Which R4 card are you using? Please give the website of the manufacturer, it should be on the box or even on the cart itself.

molh394, Thx very much firstly! i bought r4 card not r4i from uk site, just this one: http://www.r4flash.co.uk/product/r4-v3.2-w...-ndsl-nds-95105
Or is it a r4 clone?
This issue troubled me several days...
Do i need to check the URL on the packaging or update the firmware on the R4?
hateps3.gif

Natalie88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
I've heard that type of R4 doesn't work on DSi handhelds, but I'm not sure.

Off topic, but when I first saw the title of this thread I read it as "Dis Problem".
Heh... loool
rolleyes.gif

Lights

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but regular R4's don't work on DSi you need to get an R4i for that. Some good sites that GBATemp has reviewed and authenticated are here

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Natalie88 said:
molh394 said:

molh394, Thx very much firstly! i bought r4 card not r4i from uk site, just this one: http://www.r4flash.co.uk/product/r4-v3.2-w...-ndsl-nds-95105
Or is it a r4 clone?
hateps3.gif
That is not a UK company it is a Hong Kong company.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Natalie88 said:
molh394 said:

Or is it a r4 clone?
hateps3.gif

O.K. Do you notice that little i in a circle next to the huge R4. That means you have a R4i. If you go to the website that is on the front of your card www.r4iiinew.com you will see a notice of QUOTE
NOTICE:All the DSi flash card just can work on DSi ver1.41 or under version in currently !
and judging by the error message you have then your DSi is on firmware 1.4.2 which means your screwed as you went for the cheap option and bought a crappy R4i card.

As Miss Panda pointed out that is not a UK site it is a Hong Kong site which has .co.uk as it is illegal to sell flashcards in the U.K. (except in the Channel Isles). If you want to buy a new card from a U.K. based site then try www.xpertron.co.uk it is more expensive than a Hong Kong site but your card will be delivered a lot quicker. Also if you do get a new flashcard don't bother with an R4/R4i card get an AceKard as they are only slightly more expensive but they are well supported and have many more features.

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Natalie88 said:
Has an r4 card in it and on screen it says data system error? Does need to update the firmware on the R4? or any advice?
Just set the date a year back and problem solved
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 🫂