Status
Not open for further replies.

mariomaniac33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
So how will we know if it's found the right key? And how's it even know what key it'd be when it does find it?
If I understand correctly, the program downloads a DSi wad at startup and trys to crack it. If it's the common key, it'll be successful. If you take a look at the source code, you can see that it will double check and let you know if it found the key or not.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mariomaniac33 said:
shinkukage09 said:
So how will we know if it's found the right key? And how's it even know what key it'd be when it does find it?
If I understand correctly, the program downloads a DSi wad at startup and trys to crack it. If it's the common key, it'll be successful. If you take a look at the source code, you can see that it will double check and let you know if it found the key or not.
That would be illegal to download a DSi wad obviously.
I think it's just a small bit of data that's been encrypted by the common key, I'm not really sure but I think something like a Flipnote source file could work for that purpose?

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
mariomaniac33 said:
shinkukage09 said:
That would be illegal to download a DSi wad obviously.
I think it's just a small bit of data that's been encrypted by the common key, I'm not really sure but I think something like a Flipnote source file could work for that purpose?
It downloads part of a DSi wad:
http://nus.cdn.t.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs...4e4c50/00000003 according to the source code

I think it could be packaged as a wad if we had the key.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So it's a portion of a DSi wad, I guess that's legal then?
Yeah, yeah it would have to be if it were a free download like the browser.

DarkSzero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Too bad that my cooler makes too much noise when my CPU is at 50% usage or more =[
Ran 2 instances at 65k keys per second, stopping with 700M.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Statistics:

So far, we've checked 712,343,814,144 keys!

holy sh!t thts alot of codes

i wonder if i should use this on my school

lol u know change brutey.exe to word.exe or somthing like that then change the programs
muhahhahahah so many computers would be running it

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
mezut360 said:
QUOTE said:
Statistics:

So far, we've checked 712,343,814,144 keys!

holy sh!t thts alot of codes

i wonder if i should use this on my school

lol u know change brutey.exe to word.exe or somthing like that then change the programs
muhahhahahah so many computers would be running it
does your school have a internet filter? If it does, you can't bruteforce anything
tongue.gif

dong1225

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry if this had been brought up before, I don't have a time to read all of the posts on thread.
I haven't done any real programming but I know the general idea and I've seen the GPU processing get brought up before but...

1.Does this support multi-core, multi thread calculation now?
2.Does this utilize the GPU power? The only standard I know is OpenCL, is it done with something like that? If it runs on a OpenCL supported system. (Mac GrandCentral) is it going to use the GPU power too?

I only have 3 PCs and two of them are laptop and sadly my desktop is the worst (single core Penitum 4) My Windows Laptop has more ram but I was wondering if the GrandCentral on my MacBook Pro can be utilized for this.

P.S. if you wanna stop, you just exit the command window right?

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
dong1225 said:
I'm sorry if this had been brought up before, I don't have a time to read all of the posts on thread.
I haven't done any real programming but I know the general idea and I've seen the GPU processing get brought up before but...

2.Does this utilize the GPU power? The only standard I know is OpenCL, is it done with something like that? If it runs on a OpenCL supported system. (Mac GrandCentral) is it going to use the GPU power too?

I only have 3 PCs and two of them are laptop and sadly my desktop is the worst (single core Penitum 4) My Windows Laptop has more ram but I was wondering if the GrandCentral on my MacBook Pro can be utilized for this.

Multi-core is fine, I'm doing it right now.

Just close it to stop, yep, you've got it.

Dunno about GPU power, however, some people were talking about devising some OpenCL contraption in a very geoflcl-proof manner.
wacko.gif

dong1225

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jamstruth said:
As I said before, we are looking for a needle in a haystack the size on North America. The only way we will find it is through luck.

Well, the best way to find a needle in a haystack is to BURN THE HAYSTACK TO ASHES!*

*Not responsible if the needle gets buried in the ashes.

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dong1225 said:

Yes. run another instance of the program per core. So run 4 bruteys for quad core, 2 for double core.
Nope. Not yet anyway.
Yes.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FYI, you can set the affinity of the processes in task manager to only use individual cores too, if you like.
And if you want to use your computer whilst it's brute forcing, set priority to low.

Edit: Wow, we already passed 0.75 trillion.

tsuna

GBAtemp Official "No Good Tsuna"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this randomly checking?
if its not its gonna take a shit load of time.
how bout you make 2 versions?
one that starts from the begining and another that starts from the very last possible code

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Tsuna_fish said:
is this randomly checking?
if its not its gonna take a shit load of time.
how bout you make 2 versions?
one that starts from the begining and another that starts from the very last possible code
Or maybe make the newest version have the option to start from the most recent beginning, most recent quarter of the way in, most recent half way in, most recent three/fourths in, and most recent last ones (since they are grabbing the last piece by whoever and starting it from there).

asiekierka

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It always starts from either a code that has been abandoned OR the first one that hasn't been checked yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg