CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
palasx said:
thank you for your patience, now you know math.

Haha whoops, I guess I fucked up there. I did it quick, and in my head. Regardless the point is the same, it's going to be a long LONG time, which is why I think the PS3 and GPU alterations will give us significantly better odds.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing... This is possibly what the whole homebrew scene has needed. I am definitely going to download this, and maybe I'll be the one to find the key...

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
asiekierka said:
No.

The reason behind Loopy not releasing the key is that Nintendo might use the fact we all know about it to patch it to make it harder to use it and stop homebrew
frown.gif
Would they even be able to change the common key?

Don't think so, its hardcoded into every single DSi system isn't it?
And Loopy not releasing it, even to Hackmii, is suspicious. I reckon he's fibbing

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
A worldwide effort to spread Brutey could be done in a number of ways:

1) Ask dumpers like Xenophobia to include Brutey with every subsequent release, and just have the zillions of potential downloaders run it.

2) Create a virus version of Brutey and have it run anonymously and harmlessly in the background of anyone who clicks a link.

3)Have all of GBAtemp join together to steal the AMD Opteron-based Cray XT5 Jaguar at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and use it to run millions of instances of Brutey at a time.

(By the way, I'm simply fantasizing, not being serious or anything.)

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
CrimsoniteX said:
Alright so after messing around the CELL BE and SPE processors last night, I've decided it's most definitely worth taking a stab at it. At a minimum (with sloppy code), it would be able to run about 40x more efficient than the average PC - which should put it at just over a million keys per-second. That's 1.5 Trillion keys per-day.
grog.gif

If this goes smoothly, I also want to write a program for PC's that would use the GPU for calculations instead of the CPU. This would allow the users who do not have dedicated systems to run the program at maximum speed without interrupting normal day-to-day activities. For those of us with high-end graphics cards, it would also allow us to process nearly the same amount of keys as the PS3.
I'd write a CUDA app instead. On modern Nvidia GPUs, much much faster than the Cell.
lecture.gif
Not sure what GPGPU solution for ATI GPUs are but I'd imagine the performance benefits are the same.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
geoflcl said:
3)Have all of GBAtemp join together to steal the AMD Opteron-based Cray XT5 Jaguar at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and use it to run millions of instances of Brutey at a time.

Screw that! Anybody here ever read Dan Brown's "Digital Fortress"? In it the government has secretly built a huge supercomputer with 1 million CPUs in it to bruteforce its way through ANY encryption in a matter of seconds/minutes (can't remember which). WE NEED THAT!!!

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
CrimsoniteX said:
Alright so after messing around the CELL BE and SPE processors last night, I've decided it's most definitely worth taking a stab at it. At a minimum (with sloppy code), it would be able to run about 40x more efficient than the average PC - which should put it at just over a million keys per-second. That's 1.5 Trillion keys per-day.
grog.gif

If this goes smoothly, I also want to write a program for PC's that would use the GPU for calculations instead of the CPU. This would allow the users who do not have dedicated systems to run the program at maximum speed without interrupting normal day-to-day activities. For those of us with high-end graphics cards, it would also allow us to process nearly the same amount of keys as the PS3.
I'd write a CUDA app instead. On modern Nvidia GPUs, much much faster than the Cell.
lecture.gif
Not sure what GPGPU solution for ATI GPUs are but I'd imagine the performance benefits are the same.

Moriarty is already busy on writing an openCL version. Sadly CUDA doesn't make use of your cpu and openCL does.

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
Athlon-pv said:
Moriarty is already busy on writing an openCL version. Sadly CUDA doesn't make use of your cpu and openCL does.

If he is working on an openCL version, I'll just stick with the PS3.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Really now, we cannot afford there to be any virus/botnet attempts at cracking the Common Key.
It will immediately flag the effort as a bad cause and land us in hot water.

Asking scene dumpers to include a link to Brutey is a good idea though.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I did my part for today...3 billion+ in only 8 hours. Those 60000 k/s are a little low because other things were running when I snapped the pic (Virtual PC and FF).

2emkhue.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a getting hotter meter.