Hacking Dsi LL deafult Firmware version?

validb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried to find an answer on the forum and I'm not sure but it seems like the dsi LL (Jap. ver.) comes with firmware 1.4 when you buy it.

Can anyone please confirm whether or not this is true?

And furthermore, will the 1.4 still be a problem if I want to use a flashcart?

(I'm aware that these might be stupid questions but I tried my best to find the answers before posting)

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
all of the DSi's now come with 1.4 firmware and if you want to get a flashcart to use with 1.4 you should either have a dslite handy to flash the flashcart to use on 1.4 or try to find a site that sells flashcarts 1.4 ready

validb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the extremely fast reply
bow.gif

I don't have a lite myself but might be able to borrow one, but in other words: If I buy a LL (planning to do it tomorrow) there are good ways that work that will allow me to use a flashcart? (Haven't bought LL or flashcart yet so I will choose the flashcart best suited later)

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah if you have access to a friends lite that will work best and there are guides here on gbatemp that will teach you how to flash your flashcart for the 1.4fix

validb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then I guess that decides it, looks like I'm getting a LL tomorrow
gbasp.gif

As long as there arent any major blocking capabilities on the LL as the Faq mentions?

QUOTE said:
Q: Should I get the DSi LL?
A: It's up to you. The screen is 1 whole inch bigger, meaning that it could easily make games look pixelated. But on the other hand it comes with 3 dsiware apps and had a little bit better battery life than then DSi. Then there's the fact that it weighs alot more and it could have alot more flashcart and exploit blocking capabilities. It's really up to you.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
its running the same firmware as the DSi and a lot of people have already confirmed flashcarts like Acekard and M3i Zero working on DSiLL & DSiXL im assuming you mean youre getting the DSiXL unless youre planning on getting the Japanese version

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh ok but yeah i know people here in japan that have bought the DSiLL and their Acekard2i work on them i dont like the ugly colors they have for it so i stick to my red DSi...

validb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I've got nothing to stick to so I'll go for the Dark brown one
cool.gif

Thanks for your help, Really Useful!
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum