Hacking DSi L and R button broken?

azure0wind

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i 've been using dsi for 3 months and the l and r button doesn't detect if i press the button.
can you help me? thanks!

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
azure0wind said:
nope still dont' fix the prob..
Did you ever add pressure to them? This could be the problem. The only way to fix this is to replace the buttons or the DSi
frown.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
azure0wind said:
i 've been using dsi for 3 months and the l and r button doesn't detect if i press the button.
can you help me? thanks!

Seal your lips around the button and blow hard into the gaps to dislodge dust under the contact.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
azure0wind said:
can you help me? thanks!

Seal your lips around the button and blow hard into the gaps to dislodge dust under the contact.

Uh no, that will make the problem worse in the future. Try getting some canned air and blowing that into the shoulder buttons. If you blow into the gaps with your own breath the moisture from your breath will cause a mold (can't remember the correct term) like substance to grow in it. I know this as that is what happened to my Gamecube controller ports, and believe me, this isn't an easy fix. If that doesn't work, contact Nintendo. They should fix it for free as your warranty isn't up yet.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
I've seen several sets of shoulder buttons fixed permanently from people blowing in them, I've tried using canned air but it doesn't seem to actually get into the gaps properly, just goes around the sides. Obviously don't "huff" like you're trying to steam up a bloody window, blow quickly and from the front of your mouth.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toyota has been recalling their cars due to a faulty acceleration system, Nintendo should learn from them and recall the DS for it's terrible L&R buttons.

You shouldn't have to do anything to the L&R buttons they should just work
hate2.gif
. There's a way to permanently fix it, but it requires a trigram screw driver, soldering iron and some spare DSi shoulder buttons, you can usually find these things lying around the house.

EnnEss

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
I've seen several sets of shoulder buttons fixed permanently from people blowing in them, I've tried using canned air but it doesn't seem to actually get into the gaps properly, just goes around the sides. Obviously don't "huff" like you're trying to steam up a bloody window, blow quickly and from the front of your mouth.

The way you said that made me LMAO
rofl2.gif

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
TheDarkSeed said:
Toyota has been recalling their cars due to a faulty acceleration system, Nintendo should learn from them and recall the DS for it's terrible L&R buttons.

hate2.gif
. There's a way to permanently fix it, but it requires a trigram screw driver, soldering iron and some spare DSi shoulder buttons, you can usually find these things lying around the house.

not being able to play mario kart is no way near as bad as crashing into a wall

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Supersonicmonk said:
TheDarkSeed said:

hate2.gif

not being able to play mario kart is no way near as bad as crashing into a wall
Yeah, but you might crash into a wall while playing Mario Kart...

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I turned on my DSi and to my surprise my stupid R button didn't work. I had to press it hard for it to work. I tried the blowing crap and now the R button works perfectly, but only for like 1 hour then I have to blow it again. Should I go to Gamestop and return the DSi, my DSiWare games will delete though right?

Azlan Uchiha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
azure0wind said:
well... i'm in Indonesia. can you suggest me which is the closest to Indonesia?

Well I live at Singapore But no nintendo store here....Maybe You Can Buy from DX??Go Australia To Fix Or Japan..Thats The Nearest Store At Asia/Indonesia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-