Hacking dsi is region locked :(

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
my korg ds10 plus just arrived from japan, and my dsi does not recognise it.
after some googling i found out that games with dsi content in them are region locked.
i feel like such a nob, i was so badly looking forward to it arriving as well
frown.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm really sorry to hear this
frown.gif

I really can't see the point of Region Locking on anything (from sellers point of view I get it, but it really hurts the buyer)..and especially not on handhelds, because importing games is much more easier, games are small and thus, cheaper to import..

They are stupid for Region Locking!

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
do you get an error message on booting the card with these games or do they just not show up in the menu at all?

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it just doesnt show up in the menu at all. "no game cartridge inserted" or whatever.
i dont suppose anybody has figured out a way to get 1.4J running on a european console yet have they? im guessing since the machine is still not cracked that the answer is no. nevermind
frown.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
gibberish said:
the rom isnt dumped,

If you have a flashcard you may be able to dump it yourself using rudolph's dumpers... I don't know for sure with DSi content games.

QUOTE(gibberish @ Oct 10 2009, 11:19 PM) there are no flash carts that support dsi enabled content yet.

Are you sure? I know that some carts run such games (ie. acekard), and I assumed that the DSi features still worked. You may be more knowledgeable than me though, I haven't really been keeping up with the scene 100% these days.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard (thanks to AKAIO) and other flash carts are able to boot the DS mode of the DS/i enhanced cards. It is not known for certain if any of the dumps out perserve the DSi mode data. It is certain though that no card is able to boot a DSi specific game since there hasn't been one released or dumped yet. Also since DSi Mode hasn't been hacked fully then it will take time to figure out how to make it work. It is still possible that a new cart might be necessary to fool the DSi into DSi Mode.

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
either:

dumping a cart with dsi content really only dumps the ds part of the cartridge, meaning that only the standard ds content is playable.

or

dumping a cart with dsi content works, however current flashcarts only recognise the ds part of the cartridge, meaning that only the standard ds content is playable.

either way, its no good currently. im sure someone will figure it out eventually, im in no rush. i just wish that region protection wasnt included on the dsi enabled carts. iam trying to return the cart to yesasia but theyre adament it should work, now its up to me to prove them wrong the bunch of twats.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I recall someone posting that the dsi enhanced features are locked out when you try to play it on a DSL/P, but they aren't locked out when using a DSi.
Most carts support Dsi enhanced games now, none support DSi-only(is none anyway), that probably includes dsiware.

So dumping it yourself should keep the dsi enhancements if you play it on your dsi.

D

Deleted User

gibberish said:
which carts support dsi enhanced content?
There are none -- all current flash carts run the games in DS mode.

QUOTE(ChrisMims @ Oct 11 2009, 03:13 PM) Wow! I was considering buying Korg DS 10 Plus. That sucks
Yeah, me too, but I didn't since I wasn't sure about the region lock of DSi enhanced games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.