Gaming (DSi Hardware) How to fix/replace an R button

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So,an old DSi I own has an unresponsive R shoulder button,but it seems to be broken since it doesn't even make a click sound.
From the inside,it looks a bit of rusty,if that helps by any means.
The only way I have to replace it is by replacing both the sdcard reader and the R button,but the shop I found this from,doesn't offer a service so as to install it for me (as I'm a newbie)
If I had to just replace a single part,I guess it would've been easy,but it seems that the sdcard reader needs a ribbon cable to be connected to somewhere.Does that connection require soldering?
If not,is it easy to apply?

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
So,an old DSi I own has an unresponsive R shoulder button,but it seems to be broken since it doesn't even make a click sound.
From the inside,it looks a bit of rusty,if that helps by any means.
The only way I have to replace it is by replacing both the sdcard reader and the R button,but the shop I found this from,doesn't offer a service so as to install it for me (as I'm a newbie)
If I had to just replace a single part,I guess it would've been easy,but it seems that the sdcard reader needs a ribbon cable to be connected to somewhere.Does that connection require soldering?
If not,is it easy to apply?
Unironicly, I have the same issue. First try disassembling the R button, and clean it with a cleaning supply. If it still doesn't work, then it's time to replace the ribbon cable. And no, no soldering tools are required.

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
How do you replace the ribbon cable?
By the way,this happened after I opened it in order to clean it,but I messed up a lot as it seems.
The volume can't be controlled (it's not bad quality,it's just annoying to have it that loud) and the L button started not working too.
Guess I shouldn't mess with that..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: One day away from Juan's birthday