ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Skullcollector said:
No one is trying to hack the DSi as it's useless.
I doubt that
rolleyes.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RiderLeangle said:
Well I made an accidental discovery that could probably help.
Apparently the sound channel can play .mp4 videos (well... only the sound, but it still opens them).
Maybe that means a .mp4 hack can be made and the DSi sound channel can open it? Because MP4 is a much easier file type to mess with than AAC files are.

MP4 is a container format. Basically, inside there is a sound file and a video file. In this case, the sound must be encoded in AAC, hence the sound works. You can have different sound and video codecs within MP4 I believe, and if you did, I dont think it would play. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Cheater388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RiderLeangle said:
Apparently the sound channel can play .mp4 videos (well... only the sound, but it still opens them).
Maybe that means a .mp4 hack can be made and the DSi sound channel can open it? Because MP4 is a much easier file type to mess with than AAC files are.

AAC is one of the two (several?) audio layers of the MPEG version 4 format. The other one is just audio (it looks like you are talking about MP3 audio, since it is most common with .mp4).

Having an AAC buffer overflow with too big of sound bitrate could be possible. Then again, Nintendo already knows this: the DSi is not only an answer to the increasing demand for portability.

The DSi was an answer to piracy.

I don't think we can buffer overrun the system. We would have to find out how to enable the DSi processing by looking at the ROM of a DSi card. We would have to actually get a DSi game cart first (sadly enough).

RiderLeangle

OP
Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Cheater388 said:
RiderLeangle said:

AAC is one of the two (several?) audio layers of the MPEG version 4 format. The other one is just audio (it looks like you are talking about MP3 audio, since it is most common with .mp4).

Having an AAC buffer overflow with too big of sound bitrate could be possible. Then again, Nintendo already knows this: the DSi is not only an answer to the increasing demand for portability.

The DSi was an answer to piracy.

I don't think we can buffer overrun the system. We would have to find out how to enable the DSi processing by looking at the ROM of a DSi card. We would have to actually get a DSi game cart first (sadly enough).
There are some dumped online already if you know where to look.. unfortunately I can't tell where to look because that'd be against the rules.

And I'm sure they made the DSi hard to hack but I don't think they made it impossible to hack. Remember when people said the Wii was unhackable?

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides the cameras, most of what the DSi has, we have better and had it earlier. IE: DSiWare = Homebrew Sounds Channel = Moonshell - Good formats Flipnote Studio = Animanatee DSi Browser = Tons of options with homebrew
I prefer my DSL to my DSi, and yes, I did keep my DSL just for the GBA function.

MegamanDSi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hatsu said:
1st concept sounds easier!

(omg pun)

I thinks they can both be done and I think they are the same when it comes to being easy they are both the same but I like the flipnote idea so now all we need is the hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes