Hacking DSi firmware

Vatrier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, it has been a year since my ndsi broke and now it's time to get a new one, i had an acekard with akaio and it was working on my old dsi but it has been a while and some things must have changed about firmwares so i'm asking you guys if you can tell me which firmware is akaio and with which ndsi firmware it works and doesnt work. I dont want to rush to buy an used ndsi with the latest firmware and then realize it doesnt work with my acekard. I'm buying this dsi from ebay comingo either from the uk or the states.

Thanks in advance.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
akaio is still the preferred firmware for the acekard and it has just had an update released to work on the latest DSi version 1.4.4

Vatrier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks mate thats what I needed to know, that I can buy a dsi with any version that it will run my ak with the latest akaio.

Cheers again.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Thanks mate thats what I needed to know, that I can buy a dsi with any version that it will run my ak with the latest akaio.

Cheers again.

nps, you are welcome

If the DSi that you are gonna purchase is running V1.4.4 then you will need a DS/Lite to upgrade your acekard 2i or a DSi which is not running 1.4.4

Vatrier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How come? To upgrade the ak2i dont you just need to plug the microsd card to a computer and download the latest akaio to it?

Vatrier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes but to upgrade the acekard you just need to put the latest firmware in the microsd card that goes into the ak right?

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
No that is not upgrading/flashing the acekard to work on the DSi V1.4.4

That is putting on akaio

EDIT: The update file will go onto your microSD then you need to run the update on a DS/Lite

Vatrier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh ok, didnt know that I tought it just needed the latest akaio to run on a dsi v1.4.4 but now I see that the acekard needs to be upgraded not with akaio but with a different file kk,
Already went to the acekard website and saw the download section thanks again for keeping me up to date with this stuff mate.

About the ak I have some friends with some ds's gona give them a call and ask what versions they have on their ds's it has to be one that didnt upgrade it...I hope.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Yeah nps m8, i thought i'd better warn you as your last post made it sound like you thought the acekard would work out the box.

Glad you got someone with a DS, you shouldn't have a prob with updating your acekard, you know where we are if you get stuck, always someone here to help you out.

Vatrier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It didnt sound, it was what I thought but now I do know that I need to upgrade. Already downloaded the files from the ak website and it has a readme.txt on how to do it, seems easy so know up to find a cheap dsi and someone with another ds just in case the one I buy comes with the v1.4.4.

Thanks dudes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1