Hacking DSi FAQ

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
DSI sucks, ****in Nintendo made flash carts not work so you have to get new ones, and yet even if you do they firmware block them.

It's worse than the PSP, the PSP has updates, but you don't need hardware. For the DSi you need hardware and the right firmware.

The advantage of firmware modding is so you don't need hardware.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mpg187 said:
DSI sucks, ****in Nintendo made flash carts not work so you have to get new ones, and yet even if you do they firmware block them.

It's worse than the PSP, the PSP has updates, but you don't need hardware. For the DSi you need hardware and the right firmware.

The advantage of firmware modding is so you don't need hardware.

This isn't a discussion topic on whether or not the DSi sucks or not.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gee now I'm confused on whether I want to get a DSi or a DS Lite now
frown.gif
MENUdo is supposed to have a lot of cool WiFi features but what's the use when they Don't work on a DSi also, what about WiFi enables dames? will they work from a card online from a DSi? Is there anyone working to fix this issue?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
frown.gif
MENUdo is supposed to have a lot of cool WiFi features but what's the use when they Don't work on a DSi also, what about WiFi enables dames? will they work from a card online from a DSi? Is there anyone working to fix this issue?

They should work, I think it's just apps that have been developed before the DSi that don't work.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
LightyKD said:
frown.gif

They should work, I think it's just apps that have been developed before the DSi that don't work.

Are there any apps that are confirmed to have working WiFi with the DSi?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
DeltaBurnt said:
LightyKD said:
frown.gif

Are there any apps that are confirmed to have working WiFi with the DSi?

There's some but I can't list them off the top of my head.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well good thing I read this before I posted the topic I wanted to post. I would have gotten myself flaimed to death and possibly worse... (BANHAMMER)

I have been messing with the pictures to see if I could get some "dirty" anime pictures on the photo channel without using the cameras...so far, it's crap, not working for mehs.

I think I'll make a topic for those trying to hack the camera channel.

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
DeltaBurnt said:
LightyKD said:
Is it true that WiFi does not work for homebrew apps when you use a DSi?

Yes
Damn Nintendo. They claim to be going down hard on "piracy" but disabling Wifi for homebrew has nothing to do with piracy. They are just trying to kill DS.

Anyways, since new apps work with Wifi, will they make some kinda launcher where you can run older apps and they will have Wifi? Basically when that app makes requests for Wifi the launcher will connect behalf of it.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mpg187 said:
DeltaBurnt said:
LightyKD said:

Yes
Damn Nintendo. They claim to be going down hard on "piracy" but disabling Wifi for homebrew has nothing to do with piracy. They are just trying to kill DS.

Anyways, since new apps work with Wifi, will they make some kinda launcher where you can run older apps and they will have Wifi? Basically when that app makes requests for Wifi the launcher will connect behalf of it.

Nintendo isn't really the cause of wifi apps not working, it's just incompatibility really.

And to get wifi apps working you're just going to have to have it remade basically. There's already a couple wifi apps out there that work on the DSi though.

No idea

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay - a really dumb question here - but I am looking to all you experts out there to guide me here....

Kids have DS Lite - should I upgrade to DSi this Christmas?

- can they play the DS games on the DSi
- will their DS One supercard work in the DSi or will I need to upgrade that as well?

Is there really any features that would make this better for younger kids??

Yes - I know I can prob find answers in the forums - but consider this - stressed Mum who hasn't started her Christmas shopping as yet!!!

Many thanks to everyone who can guide me here!

Cheers

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No idea said:
Okay - a really dumb question here - but I am looking to all you experts out there to guide me here....

Kids have DS Lite - should I upgrade to DSi this Christmas? Up to you really. IMO there really isn't a point unless its breaking or you have ds brick (like I do) but you don't.

- can they play the DS games on the DSi Yes it can.
- will their DS One supercard work in the DSi or will I need to upgrade that as well? You will need to get another flashcart. In the supercard's case you need a DS One i.

Is there really any features that would make this better for younger kids?? Dunno how to answer this really it depends on what they want for features?

Yes - I know I can prob find answers in the forums - but consider this - stressed Mum who hasn't started her Christmas shopping as yet!!!

Cheers

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No idea said:

Kids have DS Lite - should I upgrade to DSi this Christmas?

- can they play the DS games on the DSi
- will their DS One supercard work in the DSi or will I need to upgrade that as well?

Is there really any features that would make this better for younger kids??

Cheers

Boxshot just pretty much answered all your questions in the above post. But about the features that would work better for younger kids...I'm not sure. The cameras are pretty easy to use. Also if you don't want kids to access certain parts of the DSi you can lock those parts with a parental passcode.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're sticking with Supercard, either a DSONEi like BoxShot said, or a DSTWO, which has just been announced, with GBA capabilities.

As for the parental controls, they can restrict features such as PictoChat, the web browser (once downloaded), DS Download Play, use of the DSi Points for the Shop and with newer hybrid games like Rabbids Go Home, they can have compatibility with those controls too, so be sure to use them if you want to be on the safe side
smile.gif

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
DeltaBurnt said:
mpg187 said:
DeltaBurnt said:
LightyKD said:

Yes

Nintendo isn't really the cause of wifi apps not working, it's just incompatibility really.

And to get wifi apps working you're just going to have to have it remade basically. There's already a couple wifi apps out there that work on the DSi though.
Homebrew didn't stop working because of them? Seems strange though how old official games work...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...