DSi Exclusive games?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by currynoodles, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2008

DSi Exclusive games? by currynoodles at 1:40 AM (1,630 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. currynoodles
    OP

Member currynoodles GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    Was just surfing around when I bumped into a video of the new Mario & Luigi 3 trailer. They were using the DS lite skin to display the video so I can only guess it's playable on the current DS.

Were there any exclusive games announced for the DSi, other than the ones you download from the online store?

I also wonder how the DSi will play DS games. Will there be a black border because the screen is bigger or will they blow it up to fit the new screen size?

2. Flawsdraw

Member Flawsdraw GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Plays all DS games to date, Will play all DS games in future, only DSi download games are exclusive

3. Sendoh

Member Sendoh GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    It seems like they won't be getting any exclusive games, although that's just my opinion. I think that the DSi is just a minor upgrade, and not a new generation console per se, so the DSlite or DS should be compatible with newer games, unless they somehow want to make use of DSi features (only thing I can think of is the camera, with that Japanese face training game).

Anyways this will probably answer your question with regards to the screen scaling thing:

http://www.dsfanboy.com/photos/nintendo-dsi/1069064/

I think games like Disgaea will look terrible though. Hope they have an option to NOT scale the thing.

4. Dwight

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    From what I've heard, the only new hardware in the DSi (aside from the obvious camera) is extra ram, which won't be shooting out new games any time soon.

5. Gundam Eclipse

Member Gundam Eclipse True Demon Route

India
    i think KH 358/2 Days COULD take an advantage of the extra ram..........

6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    As stated before in many threads, Nintendo have said that no games will be DSi exclusive.

Please use the search button in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.