Hacking DSi drain battery very fast!

Kacee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I'm not sure this is the right section to post this thread, so please move if I'm wrong, my apologize in advance.

Lately I'm beginning to notice my DSi start to flash its low battery light after like 5 hours of gaming, which is not anywhere near of advertised battery life by Nintendo.

My guess is the flashcard must be draining more power compare to regular cartridge since it has a microcontroller inside handling various things...

But having some basic knowledge about microcontrollers myself, generally they consume very little power and shouldn't make the DSi last 5 hours shorter than expected. My DSi is only like 3 months old and the battery shouldn't be degrade that much, IMHO.

Mostly I'm playing at level 2 or level 3 of screen brightness and my games is in 3D (Zelda Phantom Hourglass, this should affect battery life, right?)

How long does your DSi last with Acekard?

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
well... this is a WRONG section if you ask....
anyway, the flashcard DIDN'T drain the DSi battery.... the answer is in its brightness, & its volume....
well if my brightness is set to 3 maybe it will take about more than 7 hours..... (more or less, i think its less)...
hope this help
smile.gif

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
well yeah the WI-FI affects too but i think the brightness and the volume will drained the battery very fast?
unsure.gif

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope, the yellow light just means that you "permit" the dsi to use wireless when needed. It doesn't affect the battery life. (Actually being on wifi/wireless does drain your battery though)
The main factors are brightness and sound. On highest brightness (5) the battery will last for about 2-3 hours, while on lowest brightness you can play for about 15-17 hours (not too sure about those numbers).
Also, you might want to play at a low sound volume/with earphones, cuz turning up the sound will drain your battery quite fast.
Also flashcarts tend to drain your battery faster than regular games.
I hope this helped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8