DSi drain battery very fast!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Kacee, Jan 2, 2010.

Jan 2, 2010

DSi drain battery very fast! by Kacee at 7:48 PM (2,182 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Kacee
    OP

Newcomer Kacee Newbie

Vietnam
    Hello,

I'm not sure this is the right section to post this thread, so please move if I'm wrong, my apologize in advance.

Lately I'm beginning to notice my DSi start to flash its low battery light after like 5 hours of gaming, which is not anywhere near of advertised battery life by Nintendo.

My guess is the flashcard must be draining more power compare to regular cartridge since it has a microcontroller inside handling various things...

But having some basic knowledge about microcontrollers myself, generally they consume very little power and shouldn't make the DSi last 5 hours shorter than expected. My DSi is only like 3 months old and the battery shouldn't be degrade that much, IMHO.

Mostly I'm playing at level 2 or level 3 of screen brightness and my games is in 3D (Zelda Phantom Hourglass, this should affect battery life, right?)

How long does your DSi last with Acekard?

2. azure0wind

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
    well... this is a WRONG section if you ask....
    anyway, the flashcard DIDN'T drain the DSi battery.... the answer is in its brightness, & its volume....
    well if my brightness is set to 3 maybe it will take about more than 7 hours..... (more or less, i think its less)...
    hope this help [​IMG]

3. macgeek417

Member macgeek417 妁眼のシャナ

United States
    IIRC, the DSi doesn't turn off it's WiFi. Ever. (Unless you disable it in system options) That would be a big battery-drainer...

4. azure0wind

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
    well yeah the WI-FI affects too but i think the brightness and the volume will drained the battery very fast? [​IMG]

5. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    In the DSi FAQ having the WiFi doesn't drain the battery faster.

6. Demonbart

Member Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    Nope, the yellow light just means that you "permit" the dsi to use wireless when needed. It doesn't affect the battery life. (Actually being on wifi/wireless does drain your battery though)
    The main factors are brightness and sound. On highest brightness (5) the battery will last for about 2-3 hours, while on lowest brightness you can play for about 15-17 hours (not too sure about those numbers).
    Also, you might want to play at a low sound volume/with earphones, cuz turning up the sound will drain your battery quite fast.
    Also flashcarts tend to drain your battery faster than regular games.
    I hope this helped.