Hacking Battery drains fast in sleep mode

kfirbep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to charge my switch every day even when I put it in sleep mode because the battery drains 80% within a day on sleep mode. The weird thing I noticed is that once it reaches a low battery it drains much slower. I don't know if I need to replace the battery or maybe there is a different thing I can do to fix it.
Also, I didn't really test it because I didn't play the switch from 100%-0%, but I like to play on high brightness, and the switch seems to last maybe a 1:30-2:00 hour top.
the switch is V1 and I don't think the battery was ever. replaced. (I bought it used in June)
Atmosphere 14.1.2 1.3.2 E

Reactions: impeeza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I need to charge my switch every day even when I put it in sleep mode because the battery drains 80% within a day on sleep mode. The weird thing I noticed is that once it reaches a low battery it drains much slower. I don't know if I need to replace the battery or maybe there is a different thing I can do to fix it.
Also, I didn't really test it because I didn't play the switch from 100%-0%, but I like to play on high brightness, and the switch seems to last maybe a 1:30-2:00 hour top.
the switch is V1 and I don't think the battery was ever. replaced. (I bought it used in June)
Atmosphere 14.1.2 1.3.2 E
my v1 on the lastest atmo and firm can put min of 3h in botw on 60-70 screen but the prev owner stated that he was barely using it(i know i know :D) but in standby, it is barely losing power so maybe try to run it in standby without any homebrew or sys mods for a start?

kfirbep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my v1 on the lastest atmo and firm can put min of 3h in botw on 60-70 screen but the prev owner stated that he was barely using it(i know i know :D) but in standby, it is barely losing power so maybe try to run it in standby without any homebrew or sys mods for a start?
I don't have a lot on my switch, just autorcm enabled, and the standard sys mods for blocking the connection with Nintendo servers.

kfirbep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Show Hekate battery info

IMG_6979.jpg

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mine drains about 15% a day in sleep, but as you say, it seems to drain less when the battery is low. If I put it to sleep fully charged, and check it the next day, it's around 85%. But if I leave it for a week after fully charging, it's still at around 20%. I wish there was a more power saving sleep mode, just make it wake up to search for updates and new notifications less frequently. Maybe somebody could write a sysmodule to do just that, and also underclock the CPU/GPU/RAM in sleep.
It's pretty much always dead when I want to play, cause I'll play one game for a couple days and then not touch it for a few weeks. A lot of the time I don't turn it off because I intend to play more within the next couple of days, but then I just don't.

Losing 80% in a day definitely isn't normal though. I thought fully discharging in a little over a week was bad enough. If you leave a laptop in sleep mode, it lasts weeks.

Perhaps turning wifi off or turning airplane mode on before going to sleep will prevent it from waking up to search for updates? Could help improve sleep battery life. Worth a try, anyway.

Joshmoshzombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres a setting somehwere in the settings to turn backround downloading and stuff such as to download game updates when in sleep mode, turn that off. i dont have my switch on me, but you just turn that off and it will save the headache. mine used to die constantly now its fine

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's exactly the true state of my Switch, last time I have done a full cycle was like 2 years ago and never used the battery since then, in fact the console have mostly been handheld connected to the charger and never used once (which I know is also not good since for storage I should have let it at around 50% charge turn it off and remove it from the charger and put it in the carrying bag which I even have anti-humidity packs inside LoL)...

Hekate still shows battery capacity above its maximum designed capacity though it would need a few full cycles for calibration purposes.

Ps: anyway I haven't tested my switch standby but I bet it's probably going to be bad due to the good amount of sysmodules I have running in the background and the fact that I haven't changed settings to make them go completely OFF on standby despite knowing how to do it I just don't care:toot:

xldon2lx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I encountered this a month ago. Turned out it was SysDVR draining my battery since it was set to start on boot. Disabling autostart fixed it for me.

Reactions: guily6669

izZaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
THAT HAPPENED TO ME ALSO CHECK THE JOYCONS VIBRATE EVERY 10 SECONDS WHEN I WAS IN STANDBY MODE, CHECK THE JOYCONS AND CLEAN

Reactions: guily6669

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond