Hacking DSi Downgrade questions

BigMoney_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey I have an Old O3DSXL (11.2, A9LH) and a brand new N3DS (11.0, Black Friday).

Do I need an NNID on the O3DS to buy Legends of Exidia and Transfer it over to my N3DS? Can I buy it, do a Sysnand backup and restore it to get the back back so I don't have to buy it every time I want to Downgrade other 3DS'?

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah you can buy it without an nnid, but if you planned to use steelhax as well you need a nnid to download steel diver sub wars

Last edited by CitizenSnips,

BigMoney_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, you need a legit version, so you need to buy it everytime you do the downgrade.

You can buy it without an NNID and it will still transfer over, IIRC.

Awesome, thanks :)!

yeah you can buy it without an nnid, but if you planned to use steelhax as well you need a nnid to download it

Do I need to steelhax? Can I use FreakyFormes Deluxe?

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes you can use freakyforms or any other method of getting into homebrew on the target 3ds, steelhax is just convenient for when you have no other ways to get homebrew because you can just system transfer it over with the dsiware

YigglyPoof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because this is a question thread, may I ask my own question?

This might sound stupid, but usually when you do a system transfer it erases all of the source system. Does this happen with a Luma transfer too? Or can you keep it?

Thanks

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
because this is a question thread, may I ask my own question?

This might sound stupid, but usually when you do a system transfer it erases all of the source system. Does this happen with a Luma transfer too? Or can you keep it?

Thanks
So before transferring you make a sd card & nand.bin backup, then when you system transfer it will erase everything from the source 3ds but all you have to do is restore your two backups you made and it'll be working fine (except for your NNID of course)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: YigglyPoof

YigglyPoof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So before transferring you make a sd card & nand.bin backup, then when you system transfer it will erase everything from the source 3ds but all you have to do is restore your two backups you made and it'll be working fine (except for your NNID of course)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much! I knew there was a way to do it, I just wasn't sure how.

Last edited by YigglyPoof,
Reactions: clancy94

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.