Hacking DSi directional pad problem

klumzypinoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right out of the box my DSi's directional pad is pretty difficult to press into the diagonal directions. Two of my friends got DSi's as well, and I tried theirs out. Note that my DSi is a blue, and one friend got a blue and one friend got a black. Both of our blue DSi's dpads were difficult to press diagonally, and my friend's black DSi was very easy to press into diagonal directions. Anybody else out there experiencing a problem with your directional pad?

soulfire

gear... secando
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
that means i'm not going for the blue one
smile.gif

Solaboi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
death123 said:
thanks for the heads up
biggrin.gif
. but im pretty sure its probably just a considence that both your DSi's directional pads are messed up. just go return it for a better one.
It probably is, I have a Blue DSi and it works 100% fine

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knuxxie said:
You probably just need to break it in.
smile.gif

the diagonals are hard to press no matter what because of the clickerness (for the lack of a better word)
but like the guy said... just break it in...

Spartan A24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My black DSi's directional seems a little loose in the case, but it clicks okay (if that makes sense). I'm not sure if it's a problem or if thats how the previous DSs were, as this is my first ds. I have some issues with clicking diagonally aswell.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first DSi's d-pad was fine, but the SD card slot wouldn't hold the SD card (I need that for if it gets hacked) so I turned it in and got a new one.
Now this d-pad's up feels weird.

klumzypinoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just exchanged mine today at GameStop. The person that I showed it to noticed that the d-pad did feel pretty bad in the diagonal directions. I even had my friend bring his DSi with perfect d-pad to compare it to. Funny thing is the manager said my defective DSi feels fine, but thankfully the person I was showing my DSi to let me exchange it. He even said his d-pad felt difficult to press into the diagonal directions, and his is black, so it was just a coincidence me and my friend's blue DSi's d-pads were being faulty. Sadly, the manager wouldn't let my other friend with the blue DSi exchange his. The manager was the first one to check it out, and he said it's fine, but the person who first helped us noticed that the d-pad was a bit like mine, but not as worse. I'm sure he wanted to exchange it to help my friend out, but the manager didn't seem like he wanted him to let my friend exchange it at all. Oh well, this is the first & last time I'll be getting any type of console from GameStop. They're just too picky (except for the first guy who helped me). Thanks to the person helping us out and for exchanging my DSi, even though you probably won't read this lol. My DSi is perfect and I'm happy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1