Hacking dsi camera sound

Pavichokche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the only one that finds it frustrating that you cannot turn the camera "CLICK" off (even if your volume is muted) ???

I mean, I found the external camera one of the best functions, taking pictures of girls on the bus is now a vicimless crime !!!
Guess NOT, even though most people are listening to music, the ones that aren't are sure to look at me when they hear the CLICK coming from my way...
rolleyes.gif

Pavichokche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Martiin said:
i'm pretty sure there was a function for the "clicking" noises in the DSi that lets you turn it off/on

in System options

Most unfortunately, no
You must be thinking of the option in the music channel (how is it a channel???)
that lets you turn on and off the button clicking sounds

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read a news byte somewhere where some regulatory commission or something like that wants to make it mandatory that ALL camera devices MUST make some sort of sound when it takes a picture. They want it that way so people will know when a picture has been taken.

Maybe that's why you can't shut it off.

Does it still make an audible sound externally if you have headphones plugged in and take a pic?

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rayder said:
I read a news byte somewhere where some regulatory commission or something like that wants to make it mandatory that ALL camera devices MUST make some sort of sound when it takes a picture. They want it that way so people will know when a picture has been taken.

Maybe that's why you can't shut it off.

Does it still make an audible sound externally if you have headphones plugged in and take a pic?
I read this somewhere, I think it's true.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it with headphones. Still plays through the speakers. I guess if you really wanted you could rip out the speakers but I wouldn't recommend it.

Pavichokche

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(I`m writing this from my dsi)
Well, that does make sense, and it does sound like something that thhey might do.
It always makes a sound,I`ve tried holding the speakers and you can still hear it, but I havn`t tried with earphones plugged in... good idea !

Kahshim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recall it being like a by-law or something in camera or just a general agreement by phone companies that all cameras must make a sound due to how common it is in Japan. However it isn't a req here as every phone I owned isn't forced to make a sound, I am not surprised the DSi is forced.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a discussion about this on another site.
We figured it's to stop perverts and stalkers.
Not even headphones will kill the click.

gg6371

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even with the shutter sound of the dsi cameras, i still succeed in taking pics of womens asses with my dsi cam, i just use my thumb to nulify the sound by a bit and in a noisy area, its not that much of a problem, it all depends on the timing and how close you take the picture.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho