Homebrew [DSi] Bugs / unintended behaviour for Unlaunch + HiyaCFW + TWiLightMenu++

ederenzi78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,

I've just installed Unlaunch + HiyaCFW and have stumbled on the following bugs. I list them here in order to understand if there's something I can do on my part (guides not properly followed, etc.).
1) Unlaunch. If I run the Launcher (i.e. the original DSi home menu) by Unlaunch FileMenu, I get no sound.
2) Unlaunch. The FileMenu has sometimes corrupted graphics / characters on the first line of file list.
3) HiyaCFW. In the DSi home menu, the camera menu (accessed by R button) says there is no available space on SD Card. This is strange as I'm using a standard SD card (2GB), there is plenty of space, and I don't have this message when I use the original DSi home menu on NAND (i.e. if I run Launcher from Unlaunch).
4) TwiLightMenu++. As I understand, DSiWares are launched through nds-bootstrap and so don't have 100% compatibility / are bugfree. If I run DSiWare "Maestro Green Groove" by TWiLightMenu I get no sound but if I install it on the DSi Home menu is works correctly.

Thanks to everyone who anwers me

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

1) Yes thats normal and can´t be fixed by yourself.
2) I had this issues sometimes,maybe an effect of SD Card loading/Cache.
3) As i remember you have to go first to the ORIGINAL DSi launcher and make 1-2 photos.After booting in your SD Nand Launcher it has to work.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I've just installed Unlaunch + HiyaCFW and have stumbled on the following bugs. I list them here in order to understand if there's something I can do on my part (guides not properly followed, etc.).
1) Unlaunch. If I run the Launcher (i.e. the original DSi home menu) by Unlaunch FileMenu, I get no sound.
2) Unlaunch. The FileMenu has sometimes corrupted graphics / characters on the first line of file list.
3) HiyaCFW. In the DSi home menu, the camera menu (accessed by R button) says there is no available space on SD Card. This is strange as I'm using a standard SD card (2GB), there is plenty of space, and I don't have this message when I use the original DSi home menu on NAND (i.e. if I run Launcher from Unlaunch).
4) TwiLightMenu++. As I understand, DSiWares are launched through nds-bootstrap and so don't have 100% compatibility / are bugfree. If I run DSiWare "Maestro Green Groove" by TWiLightMenu I get no sound but if I install it on the DSi Home menu is works correctly.

Thanks to everyone who anwers me
1) That's normal. NoCash disliked the menu music, so he disabled it. :P
2) That's also normal, I think.
3) Weird.
4) No. DSiWare isn't ran through nds-bootstrap, as they don't work there yet. Unlaunch itself runs DSiWare.

Reactions: Alexander1970

ederenzi78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the reply to both. For question 4, I'll test more thoroughly in order to understand if the no music for Maestro DSiWare through TWiLightMenu++ is due to me not running correctly the file (I chose the wrong submenu? Don't know, I'll try) or a bug in TwiLightMenu.
Thanks!

Reactions: Alexander1970

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply to both. For question 4, I'll test more thoroughly in order to understand if the no music for Maestro DSiWare through TWiLightMenu++ is due to me not running correctly the file (I chose the wrong submenu? Don't know, I'll try) or a bug in TwiLightMenu.
Thanks!
It's an issue with Unlaunch.

ederenzi78

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the answer. Is the issue with Unlaunch due to the disabled music in the DSi Home Menu? I don't know if I can report it to the Unlaunch author as on the No$ site it seems he only accepts technical bug reports.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.