DSi Battery

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by sphinx.djc, Apr 6, 2010.

1. sphinx.djc
    OP

sphinx.djc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Canada
    GTA, Ontario
    Is it possible to swap the battery in the DSi for a DS Lite battery? I still kinda feel like I made a mistake going with the DSi, especially after I found out the battery life is half that of the DS Lite. Is what I'm suggesting even possible? I came across the idea when I saw the extra purchasable battery at ShopTemp.

2. gary2010

gary2010 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2010
    United States
    england
    the dsi battery looks thinner i dont think you could use it, but iv only looked at the battery cover shape. you can buy bigger batteries on ebay i think my dsi says 900 ma on the back iv seen batterys on ebay thats say 2000ma, but will it be the truth with the copy batterys?

3. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    No, you can't.
    They're totally different.

4. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    Also, The DSi XL uses similar hardware to the DSi, although the battery is slightly longer (in life and physical length) than the DSi's battery.

5. grimtooth

grimtooth GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2009
    under the stairs
    i play with brightness set to 3, the battery never run out while i was playing.

6. anaxs

anaxs got milk, got candy

Mar 23, 2009
    Canada
    your moms jeans pocket
    im pretty sure the ones you see on ebay which last longer do work, but i dont think they have good build quality and sometimes break