Gaming DSi 1.4.4u Update Live

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The iPlayer update is also available : http://soft.dsiplayer.com/eng/eng_iPlayer_OS_20120323.zip
Source

The iSmart MM should have a fix too very soon as the iPlayer is fixed. ;)

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
can someone tell me how they always block this cards and the manufacturers of flashcards always find a away to bypass it?

are this updates just blocking the rom header?
if so, why wouldn't they use the new super mario brothers header, this would never get blocked. legal issues maybe?

and what about all this headers which get blocked, are the original games really not working on DSI and 3DS?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
can someone tell me how they always block this cards and the manufacturers of flashcards always find a away to bypass it?
A: the games not bloked, it just checks more data of that game and if its not right then YOU USING FLASHCARD error shows

A: no rom header is blocked
if so, why wouldn't they use the new super mario brothers header, this would never get blocked. legal issues maybe?
A:Nintendo game headers would most likely lead to lawsuits

and what about all this headers which get blocked, are the original games really not working on DSI and 3DS?
A:explained that headers not blocked

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A: the games not bloked, it just checks more data of that game and if its not right then YOU USING FLASHCARD error shows

ok, what for data and why is it filled with errors or is not right?
Has it to do that they can check if its an SD Card instead of a ROM...well, i suppose not, as it can always be bypassed, I was thinking Nintendo might be abel to check for the File system maybe?
is there anywhere a documentation what they check and how its bypassed?
thanks

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

Has it to do that they can check if its an SD Card instead of a ROM...well, i suppose not, as it can always be bypassed, I was thinking Nintendo might be abel to check for the File system maybe?
thanks

that frist sentense lost me.
no there not checking the SD
the Header is Flashed onto the flashcard and its what loads first
the card at somepoint has a piece of code which then loads the menu

the console just looks for data in certain locations to see if it matches the origional game card the flashcard is pretending to be
if the flashcard gives it all the data its looking for the console is satified it must be legit and loads it

Reactions: 1 person

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

thanks

that frist sentense lost me.

you said
the games not bloked, it just checks more data of that game and if its not right then YOU USING FLASHCARD error shows
Thats what I meant with the Data has errors or is not right. anyway, I will chekc if I can find more in the web.
thanks again

constantgamer247

Pourquoi?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just a kernel update also
so no need to reflash the DSTwo

2012-03-23
Added support for DSi v1.4.4 & v1.4.5
Note: If the icon of your card is "Fish Tycoon" it will cost 5-6s to load. If it's "Alex Rider: Stormbreaker", will be faster.

Hellz yah, my DSTWO in my DSi XL shows up as "Alex Rider: Stormbreaker"

My sisters DSi XL thought randomly gets either Alex or fishTycoon, but she updated to 1.4.3

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Won't the firmware eventually get too bloated to fit on the NAND?

Storing data from ROMs right on the system would take a lot of space, right?

Or maybe they take checksums of certain areas.

EDIT: Really? First Narnia was stolen from Team Acekard, and now Alex Rider? What's next, Danny Phantom?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Won't the firmware eventually get too bloated to fit on the NAND?

Storing data from ROMs right on the system would take a lot of space, right?

Or maybe they take checksums of certain areas.

EDIT: Really? First Narnia was stolen from Team Acekard, and now Alex Rider? What's next, Danny Phantom?

DSTwo stores it on the Kernel also hence why no need to flash always

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've seen some people complaining about these Nintendo updates, but it's obivious Nintendo will do this, at least this.

The third party always lost money with piracy, althought it's beneficial to Nintendo.
Nintendo lose money from games that would be sold, but earns a lot more with consoles sold.

Then Nintendo pretends to the third parties they are working on anti-piracy, with these updates.
The flash card teams update their flashcards and then Nintendo got what she want, and fooled the third party.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen some people complaining about these Nintendo updates, but it's obivious Nintendo will do this, at least this.

The third party always lost money with piracy, althought it's beneficial to Nintendo.
Nintendo lose money from games that would be sold, but earns a lot more with consoles sold.

Then Nintendo pretends to the third parties they are working on anti-piracy, with these updates.
The flash card teams update their flashcards and then Nintendo got what she want, and fooled the third party.

Except third parties aren't completely retarded and have access to this thing called the internet.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Except third parties aren't completely retarded and have access to this thing called the internet.

You're right, I didn't said they were, but they can't do anything because in theory Nintendo is trying to stop piracy of DS games.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

Nintendo then reply "should of made 3DS game :D"
lol

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
the games not bloked, it just checks more data of that game and if its not right then YOU USING FLASHCARD error shows
Thats what I meant with the Data has errors or is not right. anyway, I will chekc if I can find more in the web.
thanks again
http://hackmii.com/2010/02/lawsuit-coming-in-3-2-1/

The basic method of exploiting a DSi boot system is explained there in a bit of a techy way. Still pretty understandable and the basics are explained pretty well.

1.4.4. is probably one of the most useless updates the DSi has received so far. It was expected I guess, but still looking at the facts it's clear that those who actually care about DSiWare is becoming quite absent. Or does someone always update their DSi for "better compatibility" when a new update surfaces? :creep:

Reactions: 1 person

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
will this kill my pre-installed sudokuhax exploit?...because it that's the case..i'm never updating again

can't transfer my damn DSiWare to my 3DS without updating now...goddamnit procrastination!

EDIT -

From the Acekard Team:

Do Not Update your DSi to 1.4.4

Please do not update your DSi to 1.4.4 if your console prompt you to update. We'll release DSi 1.4.4 update file for AK2i ASAP. Please be patient. Thanks.

IE - Do Not Update Your DSi until a more craftier, smarter Flashcart *cough*Supercard* team releases a fix that we will base OUR fix from. :tpi:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: ONG.