DSi 1.4.3 is out!

Nicole Luyben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hundshamer said:
Does this mean the 3DS is soon to be updated, just like last time?

Nice guess ,
rolleyes.gif
But dont want it happen, give us a breath , nintendo , since the last 3DS 2.1.0-3 update is only 3 or 4 weeks old ?

Nicole Luyben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well , R4i gold 3DS (www.r4ids.cn) official site released the news :

[ Great News ] R4i Gold 3DS can support the newest DSi V1.4.3 Firmware successfully without any updating! (Jun.30,2011)

Please Note: So far,the other flashcards can not support the DSi V1.4.3

Confirmed!

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sudokuhax is still safe provided you already have it installed, if anyone was curious. I went ahead and updated because I have an Original model to update my DSTwo on, and wanted to download The Lost Town from the DSiWare shop tomorrow morning anyways.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my DSI XL to 1.4.2 the other day, only to find out my DS2 wont update on a DS lite T_T, not updating anything ever again
tongue.gif

Except my 3ds
tongue.gif

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
Snailface said:
Didn't Smiths say something about there only being a handful of DS games that can be spoofed? Maybe the N knows this and wants to force flashcard teams to run out of games they can use.

there are only a handful. each time a team releases a new update which gets blocked we lost one rom we can use. most of the new cards use a different design. the bootloader icon is the 1st check, its basically checking to see if its a valid icon for that card. after that the firmware queries the card for some data. the older cards just spit back the data for that game sitting in the bootlaoder. the new cards can have the data spoofed. so when you update the new cards you only update the data it spits back and not the game/icon in the boot loader. once all the bootloader only methods are blocked those cards will be rather useless, i think. although i have been told that the acekard could be updated if the time ever comes (assuming the acekard teams allows certain devs to do it), so its possible that the handful of roms being fully exploited won't matter when it comes down to it.

-another world

By update, do you mean the bootstrap in the AK2i or a new AK2i is needed?

Anyways why don't Nintendo just put a end to this and just patch up all those games so flashcart companies can't use them. There's only a handful too.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
heartgold said:
[Anyways why don't Nintendo just put a end to this and just patch up all those games so flashcart companies can't use them. There's only a handful too.

Blocking all flash carts forever is bad because people who are only buying a dsi for free games would be put off buying the console in the first place. Making it annoying to run a flash cart is better for nintendo than not having flashcarts. Plus if there were no exploitable games then someone would be motivated into looking for other ways to do it, which could be potentially more damaging to Nintendo.

It could also be that they don't want to take the risk at blocking games without a test case, it's cheaper for Nintendo to wait for someone to create the header before they try to block it.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smf said:
heartgold said:
[Anyways why don't Nintendo just put a end to this and just patch up all those games so flashcart companies can't use them. There's only a handful too.

Blocking all flash carts forever is bad because people who are only buying a dsi for free games would be put off buying the console in the first place. Making it annoying to run a flash cart is better for nintendo than not having flashcarts. Plus if there were no exploitable games then someone would be motivated into looking for other ways to do it, which could be potentially more damaging to Nintendo.

It could also be that they don't want to take the risk at blocking games without a test case, it's cheaper for Nintendo to wait for someone to create the header before they try to block it.

It's not bad; Nintendo doesn't want you to pirate games. If there ever was a way to stop piracy on the DS, nintendo will make more money from increased software sales.

It doesn't matter if they find another exploit, it can't be any worse than this.

D

Deleted User

TDWP FTW said:
Nimbus said:
but it seems like another dick move by Nintendo to release an update for anything that does nothing....oh wait!
Yeah! Shame on Nintendo for protecting their system from pirates! What dicks!

Idiot.
Are you being serious?! Nintendo have the right to protect their hardware, y'know!

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
TDWP FTW said:
Nimbus said:
but it seems like another dick move by Nintendo to release an update for anything that does nothing....oh wait!
Yeah! Shame on Nintendo for protecting their system from pirates! What dicks!

Idiot.
Are you being serious?! Nintendo have the right to protect their hardware, y'know!

I think someones sarcasm radar is a wee bit off today
rolleyes.gif

Marlonguppy

Trophies
Website
artoftrolling.memebase.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sir_Voe said:
Sudokuhax is still safe provided you already have it installed, if anyone was curious. I went ahead and updated because I have an Original model to update my DSTwo on, and wanted to download The Lost Town from the DSiWare shop tomorrow morning anyways.
Maybe someone can make a slot-1 booter via Sudokuhax
tongue.gif

ProtoSphere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Although I own a DSTWO myself, I'm personally all for Nintendo blocking flashcards since most people just buy them so that they can play pirated games. What Nintendo really need to do is follow in the footsteps of smartphone manufacturers and release an affordable SDK for the DSi/3DS, so that homebrew developers like myself can develop our games and have a legit way to publish them.

Marlonguppy said:
Sir_Voe said:
tongue.gif
That's not possible since access to SLOT-1 is disabled when a title is launched from the NAND.

Marlonguppy

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
ProtoSphere said:
Although I own a DSTWO myself, I'm personally all for Nintendo blocking flashcards since most people just buy them so that they can play pirated games. What Nintendo really need to do is follow in the footsteps of smartphone manufacturers and release an affordable SDK for the DSi/3DS, so that homebrew developers like myself can develop our games and have a legit way to publish them.
+1
I had a DSi with an Acekard 2i, but never actually played pirated games (only backups created by myself with an usb device thing)
But now you can't run any homebrew, so the piraters are 'bricking' it for others who don't play pirated games.

Marlonguppy

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
ProtoSphere said:

Marlonguppy said:
Sir_Voe said:
tongue.gif
That's not possible since access to SLOT-1 is disabled when a title is launched from the NAND.
Yeah, I forgot that for a moment.

Offtopic:
What I had seen yesterday was someone having an actual modified version of Apache(or someting else, didn't see it very well)(webserver) on his DSi, he just gave it a static IP and port-forwarded it. That's a low cost webserver, but it didn't had the php-extensions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: IT FELT SO GOOD +1