Homebrew DsDoom SVN

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks! just moving all the data files (not the .nds) to the root of the card worked! But it won't let me save. Any ideas why?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently you can't save on the level completion screen

To fix the savegame issue, you should try to put a copy of your dsdoom.nds file to the root of your sd with the other files of dsdoom and launch dsdoom from the root of your sd, if you save just at the beginning of the stage 2, it should work, normally dsoom will generate to the root of your sd a file named :

prbmsav0.dsg

*(0 for the first block of the savegame box of the game)

The savegame option seems to work only if the .nds file is placed where the others dsdoom files are, it seems that all the files needs to be together to get the savegame option.

Last edited by Indy13,

Chrisxdxl

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got ds doom and I got it working just fine but then I decided to see what the different screen modes where. I changed it to single and played for a bit, when I turned it back on the screen with the settings on boot said it was back to dual. So I set it to console and after playing with that decided to put it back to dual, upon restarting my ds and making sure it was set to dual screen I started the game but it was still on console screen. I restarted made sure, tried switching to single screen but it was still showing console. What could I do to fix this

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got ds doom and I got it working just fine but then I decided to see what the different screen modes where. I changed it to single and played for a bit, when I turned it back on the screen with the settings on boot said it was back to dual. So I set it to console and after playing with that decided to put it back to dual, upon restarting my ds and making sure it was set to dual screen I started the game but it was still on console screen. I restarted made sure, tried switching to single screen but it was still showing console. What could I do to fix this

You can try to remove PRBOOM.CFG file on your sd and change it by a copy/paste with the original PRBOOM.CFG file (from the dsdoom archive)

If it still doesn't work do the same with tranmap.dat file

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can DsDoom SVN be launched without a flashcard on a NDSi with Hiya CFW? I copied all files in the nds folder of the SD card, as i tried to launch it, i only got a white screen...

LunaticShock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I can't figure out how to make this work on Twilight Menu++ (9.0.2) on my 2DS but I read it's possible, what do I have to do?
I'm loading this from sd card.
Sorry for necro :c

eggcorp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I don't have a way to put this on my card atm but I was looking through the changelog, I have a couple questions.
1: Does automap work?
2: Can I use old control style

I know it's a Necro, I don't care

CL0UTM4N

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can DsDoom SVN be launched without a flashcard on a NDSi with Hiya CFW? I copied all files in the nds folder of the SD card, as i tried to launch it, i only got a white screen...
bit late but yeah i got it working on mine lol

Ajlr

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
How to edit prboom.cfg to support more wads like Chex Quest, Chex Quest 2, Chex Quest 3, and Strife?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How to edit prboom.cfg to support more wads like Chex Quest, Chex Quest 2, Chex Quest 3, and Strife?
Hello. I don't know if you have already solved the problem, but to play chex (or other boom compatible wad) you have to edit prboom.cfg with dsorganize (or other DS file manager) and add the line 'Wads / chex.wad' in quotes after wadfile_1, where Wads is the name of the folder where the wad is located (you can put a different folder name). You will need to do the same with the .deh file, if your specific wad requires it.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello. If anyone wants to play Freedoom1/2 on Dsdoom, I recommend not to use the latest version (2019) because it is not fully compatible with Boom/Prboom, it crashes often and especially the midi format of the music is not supported. Instead the old version 0.9 (2014) is mainly Boom compatible and the music, being in .mus format, works well. Unfortunately saving, even if more rarely, crashes and turns off the console, but this happens with almost all custom megawads.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
After a more thorough examination I have to correct myself. The most recent version of Freedoom, whose midi bgms are not compatible with dsdoom, crashes more rarely after saving than the older versions, which however have listenable bgms (.mus format). In the end I recommend the latest version combined with a music.wad created with midi2mus tool; some suitable ones are found in Doomworld archives and date back to the 90s.

Reactions: XDel

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know if the topic is of interest to anyone, but I was able, using xwe/midi2mus tools, to convert the music inside the Freedoom 1/2 ( v0.12.1) wads to .mus format. Both bgms now work fine with DSdoom, and the audio quality is decent. Unfortunately most of the time both crashes when saving, both on DS phat and DS lite, I suppose due to their limited RAM memory. It may be that on DSi, and even more so on 3DS, this does not happen. I wait for someone to confirm it. The only alternative I have found is to start DSdoom via Hbmenu and the command line '-warp e m' inside an .argv file, selecting the episode and map to start from.

Reactions: MyDePain

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i launch another doom game in the folder? i have tnt, plutonia, doom1 and doom2. doom 2 is always selected. is there a way to select another game without renaming files?

figure i should learn how to change games before importing custom ones

ruffo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
hallo, thank you for this port <3
one weird question though: I have broken my top screen so it has a uncomfortable black spot. Is it possible to swap screens? thank you in advance

NEVERMIND! omg you guys thought of everything! thanks a lot

Although still can't figure out how to run other wad files. Using TLMenu

Last edited by ruffo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I cant tell what my favorite N64 game is