Hacking DSBricker and 4.0.0-7U update

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So is the crash that occurs when 3DS mode tries to read corrupted DS mode settings useful at all?
Depends. It would have to be analyzed whether or not the space which it occupies can be accessed to "launch something".

What I'm interested in is if one can assign an array to that particular area of memory that would be out-of-bounds and if done so, would this array then be allowed to write into sectors that are restricted or not, meaning, I'd like to know if the memory is assigned dynamically or is it simply pre-set.

Obviously we have no SL-1 jumper, so the areas of memory for the firmware show up as read-only, but since this system is akin to that seen on the DS, I wouldn't be suprised if there was in fact a jumper that does the exact same thing.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not experienced in any form of hacking/coding, but if a bricker can write 0 over everything, why can't it write something else?

Because to the best of everyone's understanding, the DS Bios is sandboxed. So you might -potentially- be able to do something in DS mode, but that would probably be of little use in 3DS mode.
No, but that seems like it would help us dump DSiWare or something. DS st00f without the need for a flashcart..
After the first time, anyway.

But IIRC, DS mode and DSi mode are sandboxed seperately, unless I'm missing something.

Still, with something like an iEvo (LOLOLOL) or a DSi-only/enhanced game... Who knows?
Then using a DS mode bricker shouldn't be able to stop DSiWare, no?
DS Mode brickers have no effect whatsover on a DSi, and I doubt it would on a 3DS.
On the 3DS there is one firmware title which handles both DSi and DS mode.

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I found out what bricked the 3DS it is the Bitmask for Supported Languages (0x76) the bricker set this to 0 so nothing is allowed to start.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well