Hacking DS2 Supercard Help

severed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DSiXL with the Supercard DS2in1 which I purchased several years ago. I haven't played my DS in quite some time, and I have found that it has a lot of glitches with saving. So I recently decided to see if there are any updates, but I can't seem to get everything up and running. I backed up all my old saved, and I can return to where things were before, but I want all the latest updates.

My DSiXL is version 1.4.1U should I run a system update on my DSiXL? Will that prevent the Supercard from working?

In order to get all the latest updates, I formatted my SD card using Panasonic SD Formatter (like recommended). I then downloaded the latest EOS and firmware, but I can't get my Supercard to run now. I placed the _dstwo folder and dstwoupdate into the root of my SD card. I also tried several other things like running without the update file, and also by taking my "bootfile.dat" from my original directory (i read somewhere that may be the problem) but it still won't load.

It's weird, sometimes i get a message saying "Error please restart" while other times my DS actually loads up fish tycoon and I can go through the first minute of the game before it locks up.

I'm hoping I'm just messing up one small simple step??

severed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted it last night, do i need to do it again?

What is different about the link you sent me? I'm trying it out now though, I'll respond in a few to let you know what happened

I'm assuming I don't need the dstwoupdate file?

UPDATE:
So i took the _dstwo folder from the download you just sent me, and I placed it on my otherwise empty SD card, and its still not working. When I bootup my DS and click fish tycoon, it actually loads up fish tycoon! I know I am missing something... just tried it again with the dstwoupdate file and still the same thing.

Last edited by severed,

severed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well after trying a dozen different things and multiple reformats, I've given up... I had to revert back to my original files from several years ago (thankfully I backed them up). But I still don't understand why I can not just start from scratch with the latest eos and firmware patch. I'm assuming at this point its not worth the effort and I won't even see any major improvements, but still. If anybody is willing to help me out that would be great :)

Last edited by severed,

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you updated the card. It requires the latest eos from the super card site. You pop it on your sd card not in any folder. It's called dstwoupdate.dat but if your console is updated it needs to be done on a different console.

severed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sorry I know there is already a step by step setup guide in the stickies but can somebody please go step by step.

Here is what I do:
I start off by backing-up all my original DS2 Supercard files from my SD card
Format my SD card so it is blank
Download the EOS which contains the folder called "_dstwo"
Download the FIRMWARE which contains the file "dstwoupdate.dat"
I add the _dstwo folder to my blank SD card
I start up my DSiXL with DS2in1supercard
When I click "Fish Tycoon" it actually loads up Fish Tycoon and then freezes after 15 seconds
I replace my SD into my PC and add the dstwoupdate file to the root of my SD card
Restart my DSiXL with both _dstwo folder and dstwoupdate on the root of my SD card
It still does the same thing, when I load Fish Tycoon it actually plays the game

I have tried doing this multiple times in different ways now
So, I have erased everything and started over
I replaced my old backed up files that are several years old onto my SD card
and everything works again.
why cant i just start a new with the latest EOS? I dont get it...

but if your console is updated it needs to be done on a different console.

what does that mean? my DSiXL is version 1.4.1U (as i already mentioned) is that the problem?
i have not updated anything since i first got my DSiXL and DS2 Supercard like 2-3 years ago

thanks
:)

Last edited by severed,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt