DS2 could be revealed at E3 2010

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just doesn't make sense. Isn't the DSi XXL the DS2? I'm not fully understanding this. Why would they release a new handheld if they JUST made the XXL/XL or however many X's are in it?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
This just doesn't make sense. Isn't the DSi XXL the DS2? I'm not fully understanding this. Why would they release a new handheld if they JUST made the XXL/XL or however many X's are in it?
Because they are hungry for money.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Brian117 said:

for once i agree with you!!

but i think the dsi is ment to fuck us all over to spend more money on another ds.. IMO

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Brian117 said:
This just doesn't make sense. Isn't the DSi XXL the DS2?

I'm not fully understanding this. Why would they release a new handheld if they JUST made the XXL/XL or however many X's are in it?

No.

DSi LL = GBA Micro

The article was somewhat interesting especially for:

QUOTEThe source said that a developer is working on a title for the DS successor, which was billed as being much more powerful, and that the release date is set. When pressed, the developer only hinted at the fact that the system won't be announced at the Game Developer's Conference in March, but might be announced at E3 2010 in June.

Though i don't have any hopes on Nintendo anyways.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakethekiller said:
Brian117 said:
Because they are hungry for money.
How does this work? If they are hungry for money why build the XL at all? Then if they launched the DS2 so close to the DSi XL they would lose profits from the XL and people would buy DS2s. Possibly it could be vice versa. Anyways they wouldn't really kill off the DSi line so fast since well 1) Where's the DSi games and things that take advantage of the DSi? and 2) Its been a year think about it why so fast?

I could forsee a prototype at E3.
tongue.gif

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have heard some rumors about it having a gfx "card or something" that is stronger than the wii's and can display in HD.
Also it would have a build-in motion sensor.

Llama Riot

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:

There is absolutely no way in hell that Nintendo are planning on selling a handheld for $500. I say $229 at launch and $299 for whatever bundle they will inevitably offer, and thats a max estimate It's more likely that it will be around $200 and that it will coincide with a DSi XL price drop. Nintendo's M.O since the NGC is to provide comparatively affordable priced consoles and games to garner a larger user-base.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
IMO, it would be released in 2 years or so.
and yes it does for a fact has an accelerometer for motion sensing(the devs said it was a must).
doubt it'll have HD, probably psp graphics (hopefully better).

knowing nintendo, they wont sell it for higher than 350$ (probably)

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who thinks this will sell for more than $200 doesn't know a single thing about Nintendo. They have released only a single base console set retailing for more than $200 (the Wii for those keeping track). Every other (non-bundle) console has retailed for $199.99 or less with handhelds generally being cheaper. I agree this will likely be in the higher end of Nintendo's price bracket, but it will certainly not break the mold.

Llama Riot

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The DSi XL is meant to extend the life of the DS software library not the DS hardware. With any new console there is an inevitable overlap in sales between the generations, and Nintendo has put forth massive efforts to develop the DS user-base and isn't going to just abandon them. Your all just being silly.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brian117 said:

DSi XL is one of the many variations of the same system (the DS). A DS 2 would be referring to an entirely new system (e.g. new hardware, better specifications, (possibly) entirely new design scheme)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.