DS #XXXX: PokÃmon Distribution Cart 2011 (USA)

narnia22

Trophies
XP
Country
RoboticBuddy said:
Rydian said:
1 - Set your DS's date to one of the ranges listed in the NFO, depending on which pokemon you want.

2 - Start the ROM, and press A or whatever to broadcast.

3 - Grab another DS in range with a pokemon game in it and tell it to pick up a mystery gift from local wifi.
does it have to be local wifi?

and how do you make it distribute another pokemon? (mines only distributing Rakiou...)

in oreder to get entei to distribute change the date of the distributing ds to the date range of the event(in this case entei January 17th 2011 - January 23rd 2011)and same for others.
you can find the ranges in the nfo

works on ds two

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
RoboticBuddy said:
does it have to be local wifi?Yes it has to be local, as in the two DSes need to be in the same room. After all, this IS a copy of what's used at gamestop and shit to distribute... If you don't have another DS or want to send it to somebody online, do this and trade them it.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=211989
It has links to get the PKM files, they've already been ripped out of this cart.

RoboticBuddy said:
and how do you make it distribute another pokemon? (mines only distributing Rakiou...)QUOTE(Rydian @ Dec 31 2010, 02:59 PM)
1 - Set your DS's date to one of the ranges listed in the NFO, depending on which pokemon you want.
okay thanks! that worked for me!

(i only used wireless)

narnia22

Trophies
XP
Country
you can get the pcd files here
http://pkmdb.webs.com/eventpkm.htm

100th post
gbasp.gif

Reactions: 1 person

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
_Chaz_ said:
In D/P/Pt, you have to get it from the TV station, and it should then be added to the same menu.
Actually, if the game detects a Mystery Gift signal on the file select screen, it automatically unlocks it.

1) Start Mystery Gift distribution on the distro file.
2) Go to file select screen
3) A message will appear saying that a Mystery Gift signal has been detected
4) Mystery Gift has been unlocked without having to go to Jubilife TV.
5) Select 'Receive via Wireless'
6) ???
7) Profit!

QUOTE(narnia22 @ Jan 1 2011, 02:20 PM) you can get the pcd files here
http://pkmdb.webs.com/eventpkm.htm

100th post
gbasp.gif
100 posts isn't that big a deal.
Real men celebrate at 1337 posts.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A thread full of noobs. Thanks to all the non-noobs for clearing things up. Here are the answers to the most asked questions:

1. No, you can NOT do this over the Internet. The ROM itself turns on the DS's Ad-Hoc wireless. You must be within 30 feet and your DS's wifi must be on and ready to accept the gfit.

2. The gift comes as a WonderCard. Your account may only get 1 Wonder Card of each type once. This means, if I get a Shiny Entei, trade it to my friend Omega_2, I can NOT then go back and get another Shiny Entei. I'm just SOL unless someone trades me one. So don't trade em!!"

3. Your game/account can only hold 3 Wonder Cards at a time. Yet there are 4 Shinies here. You do the math.

4. To make it distribute the other Pokemons, turn off your DS, take out all the cards, go into the main menu, and set your DS' day to be within the range of dates located in the NFO file that is associated with this release. Not that difficult.

5. No, you cannot simply put a PCK or whatever type of file on the cart and have it distribute it. If you look inside the rom, the contests are 2 main files, and then each pokemon is a binary file (or .bin). Simply throwing in a PCK file (or w/e) won't do shit. You'd have to first convert it to a binary file, one that is identical to the ones on the carts. As for the dates, I'm sure that information is in a different file anyway.

6. If you can't find it, don't ask for it! It's not a game so not every site is going to bother to put it up. If you can't find it buy a certain date, just walk into your local GameStop!!! You don't need a retail cart to get the Pokemon from GameStop. So just go!!!

7. Having Celebi on here isn't GameStop breaking the rules. Remember, these carts are created by and sent directly from Nintendo. They are the distribution carts for 2011, not just Q1 2011. The fact that Celebi is on there means there will be another one of these sometime in the future, most likely during the dates in the NFO. Who knows if those are the only dates (unless the dumper made sure of that).

8. Last and not least, still go to your GameStop during these events, otherwise they won't happen again. Nintendo hates for their stuff to get leaked early. If no one shows up so these events BECAUSE of this leak, Nintendo will NOT do another one in the future. They are being very strick with their stuff, due to previous leaks (see NSMB). Pokemon is one of their last unleaked staples. So if you live near a GameStop, during the event dates, head on in anyway. Talk to some other Poketards, and have a good time.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nice to have another of these official distro carts leaked. That makes 5, by my count.

Rydian said:
These distro carts have a very specific use, this one has the most released (I think the previous most was just 2 per cart).

I believe the European Shaymin cart leaked a while back could contain 5 Wondercards? Of course it wasn't as useful, since it distributed the different Wondercards based on the native language of the gamecart it was communicating with rather than just the DS system date.

QUOTE(OrGoN3 @ Jan 2 2011, 06:10 PM) 5. No, you cannot simply put a PCK or whatever type of file on the cart and have it distribute it. If you look inside the rom, the contests are 2 main files, and then each pokemon is a binary file (or .bin). Simply throwing in a PCK file (or w/e) won't do shit. You'd have to first convert it to a binary file, one that is identical to the ones on the carts. As for the dates, I'm sure that information is in a different file anyway.

It's Wondercard data these things distribute anyway, not *.pkm files or some equivalent. Guides to the hex addresses of where to insert other Wondercards into some of the existing distribution ROMs (Gamestop Deoxys, EUR Shaymin, Gamestop Pichu/Jirachi) already exist; as does the information of where in the ROM the effective date ranges are located, etc. No such guide yet exists for this ROM, but it's a safe bet someone will work out all the information sooner rather than later and it'll probably be posted.

D

Deleted-236924

OrGoN3 said:
3. Your game/account can only hold 3 Wonder Cards at a time. Yet there are 4 Shinies here. You do the math.
The Celebi is not shiny.

QUOTE(TM2-Megatron @ Jan 2 2011, 08:34 PM) Nice to have another of these official distro carts leaked. That makes 5, by my count.
6 actually.
Deoxys, Dragonite, Pichu/Jirachi, Shaymin, Arceus and this one.

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OrGoN3 said:
A thread full of noobs. Thanks to all the non-noobs for clearing things up. Here are the answers to the most asked questions:

1. No, you can NOT do this over the Internet. The ROM itself turns on the DS's Ad-Hoc wireless. You must be within 30 feet and your DS's wifi must be on and ready to accept the gfit.

2. The gift comes as a WonderCard. Your account may only get 1 Wonder Card of each type once. This means, if I get a Shiny Entei, trade it to my friend Omega_2, I can NOT then go back and get another Shiny Entei. I'm just SOL unless someone trades me one. So don't trade em!!"

4. To make it distribute the other Pokemons, turn off your DS, take out all the cards, go into the main menu, and set your DS' day to be within the range of dates located in the NFO file that is associated with this release. Not that difficult.

5. No, you cannot simply put a PCK or whatever type of file on the cart and have it distribute it. If you look inside the rom, the contests are 2 main files, and then each pokemon is a binary file (or .bin). Simply throwing in a PCK file (or w/e) won't do shit. You'd have to first convert it to a binary file, one that is identical to the ones on the carts. As for the dates, I'm sure that information is in a different file anyway.

6. If you can't find it, don't ask for it! It's not a game so not every site is going to bother to put it up. If you can't find it buy a certain date, just walk into your local GameStop!!! You don't need a retail cart to get the Pokemon from GameStop. So just go!!!

7. Having Celebi on here isn't GameStop breaking the rules. Remember, these carts are created by and sent directly from Nintendo. They are the distribution carts for 2011, not just Q1 2011. The fact that Celebi is on there means there will be another one of these sometime in the future, most likely during the dates in the NFO. Who knows if those are the only dates (unless the dumper made sure of that).

8. Last and not least, still go to your GameStop during these events, otherwise they won't happen again. Nintendo hates for their stuff to get leaked early. If no one shows up so these events BECAUSE of this leak, Nintendo will NOT do another one in the future. They are being very strick with their stuff, due to previous leaks (see NSMB). Pokemon is one of their last unleaked staples. So if you live near a GameStop, during the event dates, head on in anyway. Talk to some other Poketards, and have a good time.

You can delete your wondercards out of your game file on HG/SS no problem. You do it from the Start Menu.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
OrGoN3 said:

You just made some more noob mistakes.
You can delete Wonder Card files, but this does not mean you can get the same event. You save file keeps an ID list of all the wondercards you've received. You can edit the ID of an event you've already obtained before to get another one, but then again you've just wasted a slot.

The file ID you were looking for is .pkm, and even then you need to plant that .pkm into a .pcd and hack into the game to add it. I found a program a while back when the Deoxys card was first dumped, so Googling 'Deoxys Distro Card Hacking' would be the way to go (If you decide to go through with Deoxys Distro hacking, remember to use the actual Deoxys distro .nds, not the distro 2011 ROM).

QUOTE(Pingouin7 @ Jan 4 2011, 12:21 PM) The Celebi is not shiny.
Does that really matter? I found a shiny Bidoof five minutes into my Pokemon Platinum. What does that say about shinies?

D

Deleted-236924

8BitWalugi said:
Pingouin7 said:
The Celebi is not shiny.
Does that really matter? I found a shiny Bidoof five minutes into my Pokemon Platinum. What does that say about shinies?
It does, because everywhere I go I see people saying the Celebi is shiny.
I don't want to have heaps of noobs claim that someone else's event Celebi is hacked or have heaps of noobs complain about their Celebi not being shiny.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
OrGoN3 said:

What happened to NSMB? Could you post a link?

And in the future have some people for people on this forum. Thanks.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
salamai said:
OrGoN3 said:

What happened to NSMB? Could you post a link?

And in the future have some people for people on this forum. Thanks.

NSMB -

what is this?

New Super Mario Bros?

this has to do with pokemon??

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH and DOH again!

Sometimes I wish there was an option for the original poster to remove a thread post.
I posted something about this in the DS Games section! (That was one heack of a mistake.)

However...the post is not entirely useless...

Information:
This is the 2011 Pokemon Distribution Cartridge that Gamestop is using in order to distribute the Event Shiny Legendary Beasts and the Time-Traveling Celebi. You will need 2 DS's and either 1 Flash Card and 1 Legit Copy of Heart Gold or Soul Silver, OR Two Flash Cards.

On the sender's DS; Start the ROM and follow the on-screen instructions;

On the receiver's DS: Start Pokemon Heart Gold or Soul Silver (Either Original Copy or ROM) and go to Mystery Gift > Receive via Wireless, then follow on-screen prompts.

The Pokemon that this distribution cartridge gives out, when transferred to the GEN V Games (Black and White) will unlock the following;

SHINY BEASTS(ENTAI, RAIKOU, SUICUNE):The ability to battle a Wild Level 30 Zoroark in the Lost Woods.(?)
CELEBI:The ability to OBTAIN a Level (5 or 15, I can't remember...) Zorua that is obtained in the Pokeball of your choice.(You MUST have 1 Pokeball, or any other kind of Pokeball.)

PLEASE NOTE:
The SENDER'S DS DATE MUST be set to the following dates in order for the distribution cartridge to distribute the Pokemon;

SHINY RAIKOU:1/3/2011 - 1/19/2011

SHINY SUICUNE:1/31/2011 - 2/6/2011

SHINY ENTAI:1/17/2011 - 1/23/2011

CELEBI: 2/27/2011 - 3/7/2011

Q&A:

Q:Is it possible to use a DS/DS LITE and DSi for this?
A:Yes it is.

Q:Will this work with Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum?
A:I am not entirely sure, you could always try though.

Q:Where is the ROM Link?
LONG A:Sorry, be it a commercially sold game or a distribution cartridge, linking to ROMs is against the GBATEMP forum rules.
SHORT A:Why not copy-paste the file name into your favorite search engine?

Q:Will I be able to transfer these Pokemon over to Black and White using a Flash Card?
A:No...unfortunately from my Japanese Version experiences, the way you transfer your Pokemon from GEN IV to GEN V is via Download Play Application that is incompatible with flashcards.

Q:Is there a work-around to the Flashcard Block with Gen IV > V Transferring?
A:Yes there is! Trade your Pokemon to a Legit Cart then Transfer from the Legit Cart to Gen V!

S:But I don't want to spend $40.00 just to transfer my Pokemon!
A:Then go to Gamestop and buy a used case-less(Loose Cartridge) copy of Pearl Diamond, or Platinum for $10.00

There...post...merged?
Now where is the hidden DELETE TOPIC option for the OP of a topic?

*As for the NSMB thing.

"A Gamesop Employee or someone that has got access to the game shipments before Street Release date dumped the game. Countless people downloaded and burned/loaded the games on their Wii's. While NSMB still sold allot, there was even more lost potential profit because of the leak."

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
So something I've noticed here, I know this is kind of old and all... but the Celebi they actually released in the end doesn't have the same OT and ID as the one given by this cart. I've not checked the dogs yet, but I just found this odd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Youtubebox +1