FuLei

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so basically I'm completely new to DS Xtreme. Correct me if I'm wrong, basically, the DS Xtreme, on its own, is a complete Media Center/Hardrive. Now, supposedly you can add on (to slot 2) adapters like the M3 Lite or the G6 Lite. But, aren't those systems on their own? And does that mean that the DSX would be just acting as a Passcard, meaning that you completely lose DSX functionality and change into M3/G6 Mode? Or does it simply mean you have more memory? Please clarify...

Thanks,
FuLei

Montero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DS-X is a fullblown Slot 1 Flashcart. Great for playing games. Files with .nds ending.
It does not at this point support GBA.
It can play SNES games through a emulator like SNESemulDS.

DS-X can also serve as a Passcard device. To make the DS-X enter passcard mode start up the NDS with the Select button pressed.

Lawr.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, so basically I'm completely new to DS Xtreme. Correct me if I'm wrong, basically, the DS Xtreme, on its own, is a complete Media Center/Hardrive. Now, supposedly you can add on (to slot 2) adapters like the M3 Lite or the G6 Lite. But, aren't those systems on their own? And does that mean that the DSX would be just acting as a Passcard, meaning that you completely lose DSX functionality and change into M3/G6 Mode? Or does it simply mean you have more memory? Please clarify...

Thanks,
FuLei

It is not a Media Center.

To access any slot-2 devices, the DS-X will be used as a PassMe (such as the PassCard) device, and you're correct, you will lose "DSX functionality".

When you run the DS-X normally (boot into the DS-X), you will not be able to access any ROMS or media stored on the slot-2 devices (M3, G6, SuperCrap, NeoGarbage, etc.). This does not mean you cannot use any slot-2 peripherals - you can still run devices such as the Opera RAM cart, or the DS Rumble Pack.

FuLei

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All that I meant by Media Center was that it plays movies, music, games, and photos. But thanks a lot guys.
smile.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
This might have changed since we reviewed the DS-Xtreme, but if I recall correctly the DS-Xtreme passcard mode doesn't support the M3.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think it has changed just yet but if you check on the DS-Xtreme forums they mention a homebrew that can boot M3 that can be run by the DS-Xtreme. Don't remember the name though I'm afraid.

Mr.squeeks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it has changed just yet but if you check on the DS-Xtreme forums they mention a homebrew that can boot M3 that can be run by the DS-Xtreme. Don't remember the name though I'm afraid.

Lovelite!

and cartreset.nds

Cartreset is the way to go. It just boots straight to the M3 with no waiting. Next best thing to official DS-X M3 passme support.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can use Moonshell. DS-X starts, you select Moonshell and the Moonshell configuration file are on a SLOT2 device (like videos, ...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64