DS-Xtreme with other Hardware

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by FuLei, Dec 15, 2006.

Dec 15, 2006

DS-Xtreme with other Hardware by FuLei at 5:04 AM (1,752 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. FuLei
    OP

Member FuLei GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey, so basically I'm completely new to DS Xtreme. Correct me if I'm wrong, basically, the DS Xtreme, on its own, is a complete Media Center/Hardrive. Now, supposedly you can add on (to slot 2) adapters like the M3 Lite or the G6 Lite. But, aren't those systems on their own? And does that mean that the DSX would be just acting as a Passcard, meaning that you completely lose DSX functionality and change into M3/G6 Mode? Or does it simply mean you have more memory? Please clarify...

Thanks,
    FuLei

2. Montero

Newcomer Montero Member

The DS-X is a fullblown Slot 1 Flashcart. Great for playing games. Files with .nds ending.
    It does not at this point support GBA.
    It can play SNES games through a emulator like SNESemulDS.

DS-X can also serve as a Passcard device. To make the DS-X enter passcard mode start up the NDS with the Select button pressed.

3. Lawr.

Newcomer Lawr. Member

It is not a Media Center.

To access any slot-2 devices, the DS-X will be used as a PassMe (such as the PassCard) device, and you're correct, you will lose "DSX functionality".

When you run the DS-X normally (boot into the DS-X), you will not be able to access any ROMS or media stored on the slot-2 devices (M3, G6, SuperCrap, NeoGarbage, etc.). This does not mean you cannot use any slot-2 peripherals - you can still run devices such as the Opera RAM cart, or the DS Rumble Pack.

4. FuLei
    OP

United States
    All that I meant by Media Center was that it plays movies, music, games, and photos. But thanks a lot guys. [​IMG]

5. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

This might have changed since we reviewed the DS-Xtreme, but if I recall correctly the DS-Xtreme passcard mode doesn't support the M3.

6. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    I don't think it has changed just yet but if you check on the DS-Xtreme forums they mention a homebrew that can boot M3 that can be run by the DS-Xtreme. Don't remember the name though I'm afraid.

7. Montero

Newcomer Montero Member

Lovelite!

8. Rabid1

Newcomer Rabid1 Member

United States
    and cartreset.nds

9. Mr.squeeks

Newcomer Mr.squeeks Member

United States
    Cartreset is the way to go. It just boots straight to the M3 with no waiting. Next best thing to official DS-X M3 passme support.

10. ilovengage

Member ilovengage GBAtemp Fan

Austria
    You can use Moonshell. DS-X starts, you select Moonshell and the Moonshell configuration file are on a SLOT2 device (like videos, ...)

11. FuLei
    OP

United States
    Where do I get cartreset?

12. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada