Hacking DS won't recognise Acekard 2i

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Here's the situation - I have 3 DSs (all Lites) and 2 Acekard 2is. One of the DS Lites has never used an Acekard and one of the Acekards is brand new with a new 4GB SD card.

I formatted, using the Panasonic formatter, the new SD card and simply copied the contents of the other Acekard's SD card onto it.

The 'virign' DS Lite doesn't recognise either the new Acekard or the old Acekard (greyed out SD slot on the DS 'home' screen). Both of the other DSLs recognise the new Acekard fine. This makes me think it is not going to be fixed with the "paper trick" but is possibly a problem with the 'virgin' DSL - and indeed the 'paper trick' doesn't seem to make any difference on the 'virgin' DSL.

Is there something I have got to do (and have forgotten since I last started using an Acekard) to the 'virgin' DS Lite ? Or could it be some other sort of problem ?

Regards,

Adam Brunt

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You didn't do anything wrong; most obviously, your 'virgin' dsl is faulty. Perhaps its slot-1 is busted? I don't know if your dsl is brand new or used, but if you bought it used, try returning it for a refund.

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
s4mid4re said:
You didn't do anything wrong; most obviously, your 'virgin' dsl is faulty. Perhaps its slot-1 is busted? I don't know if your dsl is brand new or used, but if you bought it used, try returning it for a refund.

The 'virgin' DSL belongs to my cousin and he's had it a while. It plays retail carts fine (or least if it doesn't I don't know what he does with it as it can't be playing games).

Ok, according to his mum - he has never played any games on the DS that go into slot at the top, only games that go in the bottom slot. So you could well be correct in thinking the slot-1 is bust. IIRC the DSL was bought a while ago off eBay.

If so, are there any slot-2 Flashcarts for the DS that can be used to play DS roms ?

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Took a look inside the slot and 2 of the pins are clearly bent out of shape - tried pushing them back (and they now all look correct) but it still doesn't work.

Looks like he needs to get the slot-1 replaced ... time to start looking a good, reliable, local repair shop.

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes.

It is not the Acekard as it works fine in other DSLs. It is defintely an issue with this particular DSL as it doesn't recognise any Acekard net alone the new one.

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Very odd ...

We've just tried using the Acekard from another DSL on the "virgin" and it works fine whilst, at the same time, the other DSL accepts the new Acekard fine as well.

All very confusing but the problem seems to be 'fixable' without having to repair the virgin DSL
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, in like one month and 13 days