Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is I! The one who deletes your posts!

Not much this week so I've merged both threads into one again. Theres one or two DS games to try out I reckon, if you understand Japanese then you're in for a good time on both Wii & DS titles.

Nintendo DS Releases

All dates are correct at time of posting and checked by multiple sources. Some dates may be shipping dates so expect a release sometime after. Not all games get dumped on the day of release or in some cases for ages.

December 4th

American Girl: Julie Finds a Way

Region: US Genre: Totally Lame-me-do
Developer: THQ Publisher: THQ

You know something...I hope she does! I wonder how many lewd comments will be made about this on the ROM release thread? This game is based on a book series by the name of "American Girl". Julie Albright is a fun-loving girl growing up in San Francisco in the 1970s. Julie faces many challenges, including a new school, a new neighborhood, and new friends. Explore Julie’s world, interact with her friends and family, and play over 20 exciting mini-games! Wooooooo! Journey with Julie as she tries out for the basketball team, saves a family of endangered bald eagles, and crosses the country in a covered wagon! You'll also get to look after her pet rabbit..Nutmeg. THQ mega fails once more.

f_2m_5a30b60.jpg

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Region: US Genre: Rhythm-me-do
Developer: EA Publisher: EA

I hate the fricking chipmunks and their god damn singing. This is a rhythm game based on the film that for some reason stars Jason Lee. The 40-song tracklist includes classics such as 'All the Small Things', 'It's Tricky', 'Heartbreak Hotel' and 'Shiny Happy People' for you to tap along to...which if I heard Chipmunk style would really make me want to slash my wrists. So if you have the desire to hear really good songs sped up and completely raped of their brilliance than play it, if you have taste and hate James Blunt than ignore like the plague. I would post the pics but they look like Wii pics.

December 5th

Draglade

Region: US Genre: Fight Rhythm-me-do
Developer: Dimps Corporation Publisher: Atlus Co.

The English version of Custom Beat Battle: Draglade which was a fighting/rhythm hybrid. Japanese version seemed decent but I couldn't work out what to do to actually enjoy it propely.

937512_20071005_screen003.jpg
937512_20071005_screen010.jpg
937512_20071005_screen009.jpg

Pocket Pets

Region: US Genre: Pet-me-do
Developer: Agatsuma Entertainment Publisher: O3 Entertainment

The English version of Hana Deka Club: Animal Paradise.

936094_20070711_screen003.jpg
936094_20070711_screen004.jpg
936094_20070711_screen006.jpg

Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008

Region: US Genre: Card-me-do
Developer: Konami Publisher: Konami

Yet another game in the series, fans will be interested, others...maybe not.

Video Link

ME0000896355_2.jpg
ME0000896352_2.jpg
ME0000896353_2.jpg

December 6th

Arkanoid DS

Region: Japan Genre: Breakout-me-do
Developer: Tatio Publisher: Tatio

One of two Tatio titles that bring an old classic to the DS and uses the old fashion paddle attachment controller. The other is Space Invaders DS, which looks a lot better than the last SI game. This is sold either with or without the paddle, and the paddle goes into the GBA slot of the DS. Like the original game this is a Break Out clone and should be fun to play, and doesn't require Japanese knowledge to enjoy it. To be honest I am quite tempted to import this. There is an online demo of this game HERE!

ME0000883931_2.jpg
2001378481223134635_rs.jpg
ME0000883940_2.jpg

Tales of Innocence

Region: Japan Genre: RPG-me-do
Developer: Alfa System Publisher: Bandai Namco Games

Still no release of Tempest outside of Japan but apparently it wasn't good so don't be too sad. The story for Innocence centers on Luca, a resident of the peaceful capital city of Regnam. Luca, son of a merchant, has special powers, although he's not alone, as others like him have started appearing in the town of late. His personality is said to be a bit different from your standard RPG character; in fact, the game's producers feel his role is somewhat switched with that of the heroine, Iria. The game's battle system will be a combination of past Tales systems. Innocence will use the Dimension Stride Linear Motion Battle System, which is said to combine elements of the Flex Range LMBS from Abyss and the Aeral LMBS from the PS2 version of Destiny. Will it make it over here?

Video Link

ME0000901817_2.jpg
ME0000901819_2.jpg
ME0000878783_2.jpg

Juushinden: Ultimate Beast Battlers

Region: Japan Genre: Card battle-me-do

A card game for the DS. An attachment goes in the GBA slot of the DS and allows players to swipe cards in, much like the "Love Berry" add-on peripheral from Sega. Instead of swiping though, you simply put the card to the attachment and it scans it.

ME0000843644_2.jpg
ME0000811215_2.jpg

K-1 World GP

Region: Japan Genre: Kick Box-me-do
Developer: D3 Publisher: D3

D3 have plans to release this in the US next year, which is nice as I've had my eye on this game for some time. K1 is pretty big in Japan and theres already been videogames in the past. The upper screen in K-1 will feature the in-ring action between the two fighters; the lower screen will feature a detailed look at each fighter's condition across all parts of his body. Each major portion of a fighter's body is color-coded to indicate the amount of damage taken during the fight. Should you favor one particular hand or foot when fighting, you'll eventually take damage on that appendage; it's a clever way of ensuring that you mix things up when delivering a beatdown on your foe. It also looks like you'll be able to train up in the gym.

K-10918taisen01.jpg
K-10918toreaning04.jpg
K-10918taisen04.jpg

Also out in Japan:
Gintama Gin-Oh Quest: Gin-san ga Tenshoku shitari Sekai wo Sukuttari
Haneru no Tobira DS: Tanshuku Tetsudou no Yoru
Otona no Nurie DS 2 AKA Paint By DS 2
MAru Kaite DonDon Oboeru: Kyoui no Tsugawa Shiki Kanji Kioku Jutsu - Kiso Gakushuu Hen
Nep League DS
Pororon! Dokomodake DS
Power Pro Kun Pocket 10
Yozemi no Center Shoujun Series: Eigo Hen
Tomodachi Tsukurou! Mahou no Koukan Nikki

December 7th

Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command

Region: EUR Genre: Turn based Strag-me-do
Developer: Red Lynx Publisher: THQ

Looking forward to this, even though its published by THQ its developed by Red Lynx who have done 2 excellent Pathway To Glory games & High Sieze on the N-gage. Looks like it'll be similar to PTG which pleases me no end. In Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command, gamers play as the elite Space Marines of the Ultramarines chapter and strive to combat the encroaching evil of the ruthless and daemonic influenced Chaos Space Marines through several cinematically-tied missions. The missions are all objective based. Some of them are simple, "kill all enemies" missions, while others require the killing of a particular leader, or the capture of certain points. Players command squads of six customizable soldiers through three different terrain types, industrial, desert and ice. This version should be the same as the PSP but not as pretty but with touchscreen features. Both versions also include both local and Wi-Fi multiplayer, as well as a game sharing mode that offers a limited version of the game.

941429_20070712_screen004.jpg
941429_20070712_screen002.jpg
941429_20070712_screen003.jpg

Fizz

Region: EUR Genre: Puzzle-me-do
Developer: DK Games Publisher: Lexicon Entertainment

Fizz is a puzzle challenge that is exceedingly simple to understand but infuriatingly challenging to master.The central and principal game board is composed of twenty-five points each with four antennae. Each antenna can contain four colours. The goal is to create energy flow by aligning colours. When a loop is created, points are deducted and other points come onto the board. Last as long as possible and get the highest score.

ME0000813743_2.jpg
ME0000813742_2.jpg
ME0000813739_2.jpg

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Region: EUR Genre: Footy-me-do

The footy series returns for a 2nd game on the DS, hopefully it'll be better than the last one. Screens are of the Japanese version.

ME0000881923_2.jpg
ME0000887392_2.jpg
ME0000890984_2.jpg

Nintendo Wii Releases

All dates are correct at time of posting and checked by multiple sources. Some dates may be shipping dates so expect a release sometime after. Not all games get dumped on the day of release or in some cases for ages.

December 2nd

Wii Fit

Region: Japan Genre: Fight-me-do
Developer: Nintendo Publisher: Nintendo

Calling all tubby bitches! This is the game for you! Nintendo turns the living room into a fitness center for the whole family with Wii Fit and the Wii Balance Board. Family members will have fun getting a "core" workout, and talking about and comparing their results and progress on a new channel on the Wii Menu. Lean to block footballs, swivel hips to power hoop twirls or balance to hold the perfect yoga pose. As users stand on the Wii Balance Board, included with Wii Fit, their body’s overall balance is tied to the game in a way they’ve never experienced before. Wii Fit also uses the Wii Balance Board for daily tests. These evaluate two key measures that a household can track via progress charts. Is an estimated $75 too much for this when it comes out in the West? Maybe for some but for those wanting to lose weight (I need to buff up myself) its cheaper than buying a load of crap. Could this print more monies for Nintendo or will it be a dud like Eye Training was? Theres no date for a release anywhere else but it will be sometime next year.

I won't bother showing pics as the video is the only true way to see how this works:

December 5th

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Region: US Genre: Fight-me-do
Developer: Spike Publisher: Atari

The US release of the Japanese version of "Dragon Ball Z: Sparking Meteor". 150 playable characters, enhanced fighting techniques, beautifully refined effects and shading techniques, making each character's effects more realistic, and over 20 battle stages. In addition, an improved control system for the Wii allows players to easily mimic signature moves and execute devastating energy attacks as they are performed in the Dragon Ball Z animated series. Apparently it features online play that actually is you playing online.
ohmy.gif

Video Link

Click images to enlarge (will open a new tab/window):

Godzilla: Unleashed

Region: US Genre: Fight-me-do
Developer: Pipeworks Software Publisher: Atari

Godzilla games are mostly average, but at least they can be enjoyable but not really worth buying. I like the look of this though. The game stars the legendary Godzilla and a slew of the most renowned monsters of all-time. Gamers are challenged to ultimately save the planet from mayhem and destruction. Set in urban arenas, Godzilla: Unleashed's interactive 3D cityscapes, big destructible buildings, soaring skyscrapers and towering alien formations provide the backdrop to epic worldwide destruction. Players will claw, kick, stomp, throw and blast their way through the streets of major world cities in order to claim the ultimate, beastly title: King of the Monsters. In addition to a fully reinvented combat system, Godzilla: Unleashed will feature an innovative non-linear storyline which will allow players to influence how the story unfolds through their choices within battles. Multiplayer is 1-4 players.

Video Link

Click images to enlarge (will open a new tab/window):

Also out this week but not worth bothering with:
Alvin & the Chipmunks (US)
Alan Hansons Sports Challenge (EUR)
Cheggers Party Quiz (EUR)

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Fizz looks pretty cool and I can now see why people have been raving about no more heroes, looks nice!
Warhammer DS I'm not sure about, only because I played the PSP version and found it a real letdown. For a start theres no grid, you can never deselect everything making it really troublesome when planning tactics (you will see what I mean if it's the same in the DS version) and also theres no unit variety, just different weapons.
You'd think a game titled 'squad command' would make it pretty simple to, ya know, command your squad.. this isn't the case though I hope the DS version controls and plays better with the stylus.
Just out of curiosity does anyone know which handheld it was originally developed for? As I'm assuming either the PSP or DS game is a port of the other?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
See? The DS absolutely *CAN* handle a graphics engine somewhat like WWF No Mercy. I don't get what they're stalling on.

It finally gets a pro wrestling game 3 years after launch and it's weird. Not "bad", just unusual for lack of better description of the gameplay.

I wonder how this K-1 kick boxing will be?

And let's get a translation going of the Tales there right away.
smile.gif
We all know games in that series take a ridiculous amount of time for them to bother, if at all.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
this week was not so bad but had a lot more japanese titles in it
i honestly cant wait till ToI is going to be released so i can have a taste of tales goodness
biggrin.gif

great work as always hadrian

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
only thing I want there is No More Heroes, been waiting for it for a while, I'm sure Grasshopper Manufacture is the developer though, that's prolly nit picking. Killer 7 rocked and this spiritual successor will surely be as good and as mad capped as that.

shame it's s feb release everywhere else though. if only i knew japanese

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only thing I want there is No More Heroes, been waiting for it for a while, I'm sure Grasshopper Manufacture is the developer though, that's prolly nit picking. Killer 7 rocked and this spiritual successor will surely be as good and as mad capped as that.

shame it's s feb release everywhere else though. if only i knew japanese
Yeah my mistake, I'm sure I corrected it when posting. Spike is publisher it in Japan. Ubisoft are handling US and Rising Star for EUR.

sazman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It Looks Like A Decent Week For My Tastes

Draglade(completed Japanese version and loved it)
Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2008(Just A Fan Of The Series)
Pro Evo 2008( Big Fan of soccer)
Warhammer(liked the psp demo)
Fizz(something to keep my lil cousins from botherin me(They're round to stay for a month Do'h))

EDIT:Spelling Error

Rulza

Trophies
XP
Country
Looking forward to Tales of Innocence and No More Heroes.
Tales of the Tempest was boring, probably because it wasn't developed by Square.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Draglade looks kinda fun, though the anime thing is kinda annoying me these days.

Arkanoid DS should relaly be arkanoid not breakout. I was hoping that demo was just a taste of an extra breakout like feature.
Wheres the story that makes no sense in space?
Wheres the weird looking bad guys and power ups?
Still, that paddle control looks like a great thing for homebrew.
Atari emlators anyone?

Pet games should really deal with wild animals in their natural habitate. Killing things for food and killing humans that run in their territory.

Dragon Ball Z 3 for the Wii?
Ive long since sworn off any DBZ anything since my teenager days.
Though everytime I look at this game and its features, I get a bit excited.
Every friggen DBZ char that could fight and online play.
The DBZ game that never was, now IS.
Though I bet number four will have twice as many, and let you conquer planets in an online conquest mode.
Come on, every DBZ fan wants to be Vegetta and go blow up planets, and or conquer them.
You could always play as Goku and go be nice to them, but that kinda ruins the point of being able to blow up crap with your bare hands.

No more heroes!
Hell ya!
Ive heard that the A button is used for weapon slashs and the motions are only for finish moves.
The games trailers are ever so tiny and almost annoying.
Im hoping for a large arse soundtrack to be released the music is good.
Though one thing that bugs me is that it seems the Japanese version is going to lack all the bloody things the origonal trailers had.
Im predicting the US version to include them.
Though it still strikes me as weird that the Japan version has no blood while the US version would.
Let alone the whole blow up into pixels and coins thing. Though its kinda retro in a way though isnt it?

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like an OK week. Thanks again hadrian!

Seems like warhammer and a few others are the only appetizing.

P

pasc

Wow ! Tales of Innocence, Warhammer 40.000, the kickboxing game and Draglade for the win ! YAY ! GREAT

THX hadrian

EDIT: YGO *may* be interesting, but only if they include ALL Cards available in the real TCG (Wifi should get this done easily) *want's to import own deck which stayed unused since 2 Years* .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up