This could be you!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
Hey,
On my dsi the internet browser works fine though when i set up the connection i had to use advanced set up and it wotked fine but while trying to connect to tje internet in games the interface that comes up on all games comes up and when i put in my code it says invalid but its not and if i put a space at the end it will work no problem just at the end it says wrong wep code so idk what to do btw it has a red lock next to it idk if thats imp

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The red lock means it is WEP, but DS mode doesn't have access to the Advanced Setup, so you need to use the basic set up for most DS games.

Frogman

This could be you!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
yEa I know lol but hat I'm saying is the wep code is invalid as soon as I type it in though if I put a space after the code which is originaly 15 leters long it let's me continue until the connect test where
it says it is incorrect wep code not invalid as before

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
When you are using the DSi browser, what is your encryption method? Meaning, are you 100% sure you are using WEP and 802.11b only? Are you sure that you have told your cart that doing wireless things are ok?

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
WEP keys are either 10 or 26 digits long, and only contain the numbers 0-9 and letters A-F.

If you're certain your router is set to WEP, then it sounds like you might be trying to type in an easy-to-remember passphrase instead of the actual key which won't work on the DS, you need to type in the full key which you can read from the router's settings page.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I know some modems have the WEP key on a label, my 2wire modem for instance, they're usually in [these types of brackets]. Are you 100% sure your putting in the right key?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
In your start/globe menu, go to the "run" command. If you're on vista/7, you'd use the little white box near the bottom. Type in "CMD" and press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

In the black box that comes up, type "ipconfig" and press enter. It'll list a series of four numbers as your "default gateway". Write those down. Go open any web browser, and enter the four numbers (like 192.168.x.x) into the address bar, and press enter.

A login box should come up. The username should be "admin" or blank, and the password can be anything from "admin" to "administrator" "pass" to "password" or "password1", or something else if you've set it differently. Ask whoever set up the router what the password to get into it is, or check this page.
http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html

Then you'll be able to find the actual key, instead of the passphrase, as Psyfira said.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
In your start/globe menu, go to the "run" command. If you're on vista/7, you'd use the little white box near the bottom. Type in "CMD" and press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

In the black box that comes up, type "ipconfig" and press enter. It'll list a series of four numbers as your "default gateway". Write those down. Go open any web browser, and enter the four numbers (like 192.168.x.x) into the address bar, and press enter.

A login box should come up. The username should be "admin" or blank, and the password can be anything from "admin" to "administrator" "pass" to "password" or "password1", or something else if you've set it differently. Ask whoever set up the router what the password to get into it is, or check this page.
http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html

Then you'll be able to find the actual key, instead of the passphrase, as Psyfira said.

Or yeah you could do that. Why didn't I think of that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all