6x9=42
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an original blue DS that I bought brand new way back when and have taken good care of and I use an R4 (which is irrelevant to this problem really)
Very recently I have had issues with the top screen not rendering colors properly unless I wiggle the screen on the hinge back and forth until I find a spot where it works and then have to hold it there-which makes it difficult to play games like Twewy.

I've done searching online and from what I can gather it's a problem with the ribbon? At least, that's what it sounds like.
I'm way past my warranty or I would have simply sent it in and the cost of sending it to Nintendo for fixing would buy me an identical one off Amazon.com that works fine.

What I want to know is, does anyone know exactly what this is and can you tell me how to fix it myself?
I used to take apart my ps2 to clean it of dust and animal hair (the trouble of having so many pets) and I'm not worried about voiding my expired warranty, so any help, maybe a quick step-by-step to taking it apart and fixing the problem?

It's getting really frustrating.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer me help on this.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well if your warranty has expired, do exactly what you said; take it apart and fix it yourself. Open it up and check the ribbon cable from the top screen, make sure it's connected securely to the motherboard and that there are no folds or breaks in the ribbon. Off-colouration usually happens from the ribbon not being secured, and if you have to shake it a bit for it to come back to normal, then it sounds almost definitely loose. However, if it was permanently off-colour, then the ribbon or LCD itself is bad.

--Henry

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've got it right here and a proper sized screw driver handy so I'm going to open it up carefully and see if that fixes the issue.
I'm always just a little wary the first time I open a system.
I'll let you know if that fixes it or if there's more to it

UPDATE: I have the back part of the top screen case off and both ribbons appear to be securely fastened. The issue appears to be originating in the hinge or bottom screen area.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@