OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having trouble connecting to my friends Japanese DS when we try to play games using the built in wi fi. I have a North American DS, is there a compatiblity issues?, and if so is there a work around. I tried to get single cart play going using my DS with metroid hunters, and then we tried multicart mario kart, and still nothing. Any help or info would be appreciated.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This isn't a wifi problem. There shouldn't be any issues between region units.
Has the hosting DS got flashme on it?
Between region games might also present a problem.

hornetx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This isn't a wifi problem. There shouldn't be any issues between region units.
Has the hosting DS got flashme on it?
Between region games might also present a problem.

No, I don't have flash me, but i do think that his Mario Kart was bought in Japan. My Metroid is US, but i don't know why he cant do single cart play, he starts to download, then it just goes to a nintendo logo and white screen and hangs there.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are these originals or ROMs?
Also what distance are you doing this over and is there anything that could interfere close by (like a fridge or microwave)?

hornetx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
With mario kart you have your problem.
Are the language settings both the same?

Yes, I even tried switching both systems to japanese, and got the same result. He's also tried to send me a brain age demo once, but my DS just kept saying downloading for about 3 or 4 minutes.

All games are originals, except for Metroid. Just tried New Super Mario bros (also original carts) trying the mario and lugi mode, and still got nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • PandaPandel
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car