OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I made the mistake of getting a used DS Lite thinking it would be cheaper and still serve me well.

The DS Lite they shipped me was mostly according to the description (Minus a few extra nicks and scratches which I'm fine with). However, upon popping in a game and booting it up, it quickly became apparent that there was an issue. The L/R buttons appeared to be stuck down. Kirby wouldn't come out of his guard which is triggered by the L/R buttons. I pressed them a bunch of times. They aren't physically stuck, they click just fine and the spring pushes them back out. However I can't for the life of me get them to not be 'pressed'.

I tried the blowing method, (After removing the battery). This did me no good except make me feel silly. So my question is:

Has anyone ever had this problem? (Constant stuck down, not ignoring presses)
Can I fix it? (Do I have to disassemble it and clean the button?)
Do I need to buy new parts (Replace the switches)

I searched around (and a lot on google) but all of the cases seem to deal with button presses not registering.

Edit:
Forgot an "are" in the topic title.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lord Ned said:
Has anyone ever had this problem? (Constant stuck down, not ignoring presses)

1. No, but some people have said their shoulder buttons weren't responding. Never heard anyone say theirs got "stuck".

2. Anything is fixable. You probably will have to open it up.

3. Not at all.

-

If you're too skeptical about opening it up, you can always ask me for assistance since I've done it multiple times.
smile.gif

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
try this, lick the 2 buttons after that blow it....
there are many problems like this in GBATemp.net why don't you search again?

Lord Ned

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
azure0wind said:
try this, lick the 2 buttons after that blow it....
there are many problems like this in GBATemp.net why don't you search again?

Because they aren't "Permanently Stuck" they always report that the ds doesn't register presses, etc.

Brian117 said:
QUOTE(Lord Ned @ Dec 2 2009, 09:32 PM) Has anyone ever had this problem? (Constant stuck down, not ignoring presses)

1. No, but some people have said their shoulder buttons weren't responding. Never heard anyone say theirs got "stuck".

2. Anything is fixable. You probably will have to open it up.

3. Not at all.

-

If you're too skeptical about opening it up, you can always ask me for assistance since I've done it multiple times.
smile.gif

I just gave up and decided to send it back to the reseller. Not looking to have to hassle fixing a product (While it would be a fairly simple task) when they should have sent me a working one in the first place.

Will look to doing some stuff to my DS later in it's life though hopefully. Looking at disassembly guides they look fairly simple and pretty hard to break assuming you're not jabbing it with a screwdriver.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes i did have this problem and the above answer was how i fix it with a penetrateing lubricant that got the button to work again.
The comment "lick the 2 buttons after that blow it" is just stupid licking the buttons would cause further moisture contamination of the buttons and would lead to further damage ;-P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol